Kraton 6s, need help with a new motor mount.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ramp addict

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I got a Scorched Parts basher Rotolok motor mount for my Kraton. The problem is I can't get the spur and pinion gears to line up. My Hobbywing 1650kv motor shaft is too short to mount the pinion backwards, and the hex driver groove is too shallow to mount it the other way. The best I can tell the solution is to carve the hex driver groove deeper. Before I start carving on my new motor mount I would like to know if there is a better solution?

The non-basher version of this motor mount is common equipment on Talions and Typhons so I can't be the first person with this problem.

can you post a pic of the current situation?

I find it odd that someone would provide an upgrade that isn't compatible with the most popular brand of motor on the planet, shrug

Can you tighten it enough to hold it in place after you slip it on the shaft... then remove the motor (w/ pinion) from the mount and secure the pinion, and replace the motor/pinion on the mount? Unless the pinion is too large to fit thru the shaft opening in the mount.

Not ideal, but might get you going without grinding.

I found the product page here:
https://scorchedparts.co.uk/products/motor-mount-spares

Are you making use of the slot to slide the wrench to tighten the pinion? This is very common among many brands of motor mounts, I placed a yellow arrow where you would normally tighten the set screw:
1706827646688.png

My motor mount is different. The outer ring goes all the way around with a small slot for the driver. The small slot doesn't go deep enough. My mountain bike all in one tool has a 2.5mm allen small enough to get under my pinion so it's fixed now. This smells of a revision that looked good on the computer but was never tested.

Back