New FMS 1/24 power wagon

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This looks really nice, coming soon. I neeeed one. :)

FMS 1/24 Powerwagon
I refuse to look at that😂 That reminds me of the stubby truck BOB from road kill garage 🤘🏻🤘🏻
62C044FB-BC50-4157-B84E-7EE7A1C089BC.jpeg

In another thread I mentioned that I would like to make my scx24 to go a bit faster. Looks like this truck might be the solution. I look forward to seeing a head to head with an scx24. May be more to go wrong with it due to more complex gearing and higher speeds.

However I see '2FM RC' commenting after the video below that they have already stripped one of the plastic portal gears and cannot get much sense out of fms as to when replacement parts will be available.

Last edited:
Ist impression...me likey!
IMG_20220626_154632911_HDR.jpg

PSX_20220626_171125.jpg

Hard body is nice, will probably have the typical top heavy problem that comes with hard body's. The two speed is kinda cool, low gear is pretty predictable, high gear is pretty dang quick, great for indoor racing. ;)

Quality is nice. The body doesn't use traditional body clips or velcro, it has plastic clips underneath that clip into corresponding slots in the chassis. I like the design, but it's a little tricky.
PSX_20220626_183637.jpg
PSX_20220626_183705.jpg

Size wise, it's very comparable to the FMS Atlas 6×6, which seem just a tad larger than Axial 1/24 rigs.

PSX_20220626_171629.jpg
PSX_20220626_171301.jpg
PSX_20220626_171153.jpg

The only other comment I have until I get to play with it a bit, is you need a jeweler size phillips screwdriver to put the braces on the roll cage.

PSX_20220626_150512.jpg

I think this is going to be a popular seller. :thumbs-up:

2FM RC has done a comparison with the deadbolt on youtube and it looks as if axial are very much in second place. The FMS trucks are out of stock in the UK just now but I think I am also looking to buy.

Really like the FMS FCx24 a lot, but if it were a choice between Axial and FMS I would take the Axial SCX24 just because of how customizable it is. I'm lazy and don't really like working on my rigs, but the SCX24 platform is pretty easy.

Fortunately, I don't have to choose either or, I have both and really like all of my micro rigs for their own reasons. Unless you are on a really tight budget and can only afford one, you might have a hard choice. I just worry about parts availability for the FMS rigs over time. They had issues with replacement parts on their aircraft in the past.

Back