Need help finding battery

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nachtschicht2005

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new to the RC world. I gifted my godson a 4WD Torment 1/18 Scale and the battery lasts only 10 min and takes 9 hours to charge. I was wondering if I could buy a stronger battery and a fast charger? Any suggestions?

I was looking into Amazon

Venom 7.2V 5000mAh 6-Cell NiMH Battery with Universal Plug (EC3/Deans/Traxxas/Tamiya)

Tenergy Universal RC Battery Charger for NiMH/NiCd 6V-12V Battery Packs, Fast Charger for RC Car, Airsoft Batteries, Compatible with Standard Size Tamiya/Mini Tamiya/Alligator Clips Connectors

Would that work?

Thanks for your help.

Those will work. However for a few bucks difference you should be able to get a dynamite power system stage 1 it includes the battery and charger. I hot one when I bought my wife her 1/10 ecx torment 2wd. I have since made the switch to lipo batteries that I found on Amazon for 17.99 a pack. The charger I reccomend will charge those as well as a nimh. Just my advice for the future as lipos are a much better battery. I use them in everything from my torment to my smt10. Better performance and longer run times. Just something to think on.

That would work. However the charger does not come with the EC3 battery connector, which is the connector that comes on those vehicles. You will have to purchase an adaptor for the charger, or find a charger with that connector. Your car will have a really long drive time with that battery.

That would work. However the charger does not come with the EC3 battery connector, which is the connector that comes on those vehicles. You will have to purchase an adaptor for the charger, or find a charger with that connector. Your car will have a really long drive time with that battery.
Thank you. What charger would you recommend? I would prefer one where I can see that the battery is fully charged.

Dynamite and Hitec are pretty good chargers that are less expensive. The Dynamite Prophet has the right connector and those go for around $30.

Those will work. However for a few bucks difference you should be able to get a dynamite power system stage 1 it includes the battery and charger. I hot one when I bought my wife her 1/10 ecx torment 2wd. I have since made the switch to lipo batteries that I found on Amazon for 17.99 a pack. The charger I reccomend will charge those as well as a nimh. Just my advice for the future as lipos are a much better battery. I use them in everything from my torment to my smt10. Better performance and longer run times. Just something to think on.
Thank you. Will switch to Lipo batteries. Unfortunately, the Power system is sold out.

Thank you, guys. So if I buy the
Dynamite Prophet Sport Mini 50W Multichemistry Charger, DYNC2030,Red
and
Zeee 7.4V Lipo Battery 2S 50C 5200mAh Lipos Hard Case with Dean-Style T Connector for RC Car, Trucks, 1/8 1/10 RC Vehicles(2 Packs)

I should be good? No other adapters needed? How do I know if I need an adapter?

Also, my friend found on Amazon
Hapinic RC Car with Two Battery 4WD 2.4Ghz 1/18 Crawlers Off Road Vehicle Toy Remote Control Car Blue Color for $23 what is the difference between what I have for $99 and that car?

its a 22$ pos in my opinion..you really get what you pay 4..very few deals in the rc world.bu there are some

Hello everyone, I am new to the RC world. I gifted my godson a 4WD Torment 1/18 Scale and the battery lasts only 10 min and takes 9 hours to charge. I was wondering if I could buy a stronger battery and a fast charger? Any suggestions?

I was looking into Amazon

Venom 7.2V 5000mAh 6-Cell NiMH Battery with Universal Plug (EC3/Deans/Traxxas/Tamiya)

Tenergy Universal RC Battery Charger for NiMH/NiCd 6V-12V Battery Packs, Fast Charger for RC Car, Airsoft Batteries, Compatible with Standard Size Tamiya/Mini Tamiya/Alligator Clips Connectors

Would that work?

Thanks for your help.
Ok try a 7.4 volt lipo with a large mAh that will do hopefully with alot more everything. Power and speed

Back