My Xmaxx build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No they don't but it comes with the leads to the motor and I have to solder my battery connectors to it but I have no problem with that. I enjoy soldering actually.
The worst part about collecting the parts for this build is the weekend, no delivery on Sundays.. :(

No they don't but it comes with the leads to the motor and I have to solder my battery connectors to it but I have no problem with that. I enjoy soldering actually.
The worst part about collecting the parts for this build is the weekend, no delivery on Sundays.. :(
I know I ordered my HD arms last weekend on Sat. So figured Tues it would be filled and shipped. Also paid for expedite shipping. But nope. Didn't get it yet . Says will be here tomorrow. We will see so upset. With shipping these days...
I found a place called rc addiction. From Oregon. They do vintage rc and new stuff. So found duratrax parts.. so i placed a order it took almost 8 days to get here. Threw the USPS.. I emailed the shop. Said the post office didn't have enough people working so only were doing morning hrs... so crazy used to be a 2-3 days to get stuff now it's two weeks...

I get a bit nervous every time I see "expedited shipping" I think that takes far too long.
I've also had issues with companies where I have paid for two day shipping and don't show up any quicker than the standard shipping.
In fact, I quit using a popular guitar parts company for that very reason.

I get a bit nervous every time I see "expedited shipping" I think that takes far too long.
I've also had issues with companies where I have paid for two day shipping and don't show up any quicker than the standard shipping.
In fact, I quit using a popular guitar parts company for that very reason.
Yeah its all BS I believe at this point. That's for sure

Thanks for sharing Wolf.
These were sitting on the porch when I got home from my blood work.

#7722 Chassis
#7745 Center skid plate
#7721 Front Lower Bulkhead

I'll be in the shop if anybody needs me... ;)

IMG_1251.JPG

Thanks for sharing Wolf.
These were sitting on the porch when I got home from my blood work.

#7722 Chassis
#7745 Center skid plate
#7721 Front Lower Bulkhead

I'll be in the shop if anybody needs me... ;)

View attachment 132567
Fantastic bud 👍

Chassis, front bulkhead, battery tie downs, receiver box, and top brace. The top brace is just tacked on there for now until I get some more parts in.
I ordered my bearing set and it will be here Wednesday. Everything so far fits like a glove.
I have the steering bell crank assembly but have to wait until I get my bearings.

IMG_1252.JPG

I hear you, the wife gets pissed at me too hahaha.

Chassis, front bulkhead, battery tie downs, receiver box, and top brace. The top brace is just tacked on there for now until I get some more parts in.
I ordered my bearing set and it will be here Wednesday. Everything so far fits like a glove.
I have the steering bell crank assembly but have to wait until I get my bearings.

View attachment 132570
Hell yeah buddy looks awesome. So cool.. it going to be sweet

Thanks, pretty easy so far and like I said, the parts just slip into place so easily. My next order will be more frontend parts. Long ways to go but I'm getting there.

Only thing I could install today was part #7723 Nerf bars.
2 minutes work. It took longer to find the corrrect screws. Can't do anything else on it until tomorrow when I get my bearings.
Next week I am ordering my Traxxas HD green arms, threaded hinge pins, complete hinge pins aside from the threaded pins, front diff, diff cover, and the drive cups. Then she should start looking sexy.. :)

Last edited:
Yeah you need the stock hinge pins along with the threaded RPM ones. The threaded ones are for the lower arm hinge. So the diff fluid stock is 50k front 30k rear. Should be the other way around. I put 50k in both.

Yes, when I was checking that all out and actually took a look at the HD arms I am ordering, I see that only lower take the bigger pins.

Here is my steering bell crank assembly and front bulkhead, awaiting my bearing kit which is out for delivery.

IMG_1254.JPG

Yes, when I was checking that all out and actually took a look at the HD arms I am ordering, I see that only lower take the bigger pins.

Here is my steering bell crank assembly and front bulkhead, awaiting my bearing kit which is out for delivery.

View attachment 132809
Oh man it's looking good bud.. depending on what tires you run and servo. I can't believe I'm going to say this but the Traxxas 2058X servo really isn't that bad of servo from traxxas.. all metal 448oz of tourqe and waterproof comes with stiff spring for the saver and a metal push rod.. Just don't get it off Amazon way over priced. And it will be a direct drop in. And you won't need the standard servo mount. Like any other standard servo you will need the mount..

Bell crank assembly completed however temporary, I still am going to snug everything up but until then, I am lightly installing screws and some I will install later when the diffs are purchased and installed. Fun build so far... :)

IMG_1255.JPG
IMG_1256.JPG
IMG_1257.JPG

Oh man it's looking good bud.. depending on what tires you run and servo. I can't believe I'm going to say this but the Traxxas 2058X servo really isn't that bad of servo from traxxas.. all metal 448oz of tourqe and waterproof comes with stiff spring for the saver and a metal push rod.. Just don't get it off Amazon way over priced. And it will be a direct drop in. And you won't need the standard servo mount. Like any other standard servo you will need the mount..
I've seen some decent reviews on them and definitely willing to try them. If it last then great, if not, no biggie.

Last edited:
Bell crank assembly completed however temporary, I still am going to snug everything up but until then, I am lightly installing screws and some I will install later when the diffs are purchased and installed. Fun build so far... :)

View attachment 132814View attachment 132815View attachment 132816

I've seen some decent reviews on them and definitely willing to try them. If it last then great, if not, no biggie.
100% or like I said and sent you the savox monster but definitely not the stock blue 2085.. I believe the black 2085X should be the stock servo for the X IMO

That sure is a lot of plastic, I thought for sure you would be having all these parts machined out of Titanium! Nothing quite like a one hundred and fifty pound rig. 🤣

Lots of bits and peices, looks like it's all coming together nicely.

Back