My Xmaxx build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've checked them out several times but each time I need something, they are out of stock. Thanks for the info.

I don't have any experience with the xmaxx so I can't offer any advice. I have however lined a couple bodies with drywall fiber tape and shoe goo.
This build is a total shot in the dark but that's what I prefer because I love the research part of it as much as the wrenching.
I don't bash my rig hard either but when I do , it's out at the sand dunes. Soft landing and long speed runs.
If your doing speed runs. Definitely all harden stay with the mod 1 gears from pinon spur drive and look into the stronger spiral diff gear...Also don't go with the stock diff fluid. It's crap I changed mine the day I got it. Definitely a unbreakable or shoo goo and SR tape any body... look into the T-bone racing center plate.. I love mine. Roof skid a must no matter what body.. on your way to a awesome X bud can't wait to see it.. any help or ? Just PM me or post up I will see it.. oh and look at the New traxxas HD A arms... the are pretty sweet I've order a set. My self blue of course. 🤣🤣 I LOVE me some RPM arms and parts. Have them on every truck I own. But the HD look stronger and awesome reviews. And cheaper 80 for a full set then 100+ for RPM....👍👍👍😁😁

No desire to do speed runs. Sand dunes is my playground. Thanks for the info though.
I will definitely look into the other suggestions.
Booyaa they are in my wish list and I will get them next month..

<<<<Ever wonder why I like green?

arms.jpg

Last edited:
<<<<Ever wonder why I like green
I could think of some reasons 😉🤫🤔🤔 Or uts because of the green A arms. 🤣🤣🤣
I would definitely go with steel screw set for sure. And jennys RC is awesome. Like wolf said it all RTRs broken down parts.. they ate like the RC chop shop. I LKVE THEM. Only a few towns over but a online store.. I believe

Last edited:
The frog and green has actually stuck with me for many many years. My fondest memory with my Grandfather was when I was only 6 or 7, I remember going out in his yard with him in Clear Lake Oaks California. They were having a massive frog infestation, so my grandfather and I would go out and catch hundreds of little green frogs.
IF you ever see little green frogs in avatars on forums, you can almost bet it will be me... ;)
<<Aren't I cute though? :p
The wife and I dress up when we go out..

OIP.jpg

The frog and green has actually stuck with me for many many years. My fondest memory with my Grandfather was when I was only 6 or 7, I remember going out in his yard with him in Clear Lake Oaks California. They were having a massive frog infestation, so my grandfather and I would go out and catch hundreds of little green frogs.
IF you ever see little green frogs in avatars on forums, you can almost bet it will be me... ;)
<<Aren't I cute though? :p
The wife and I dress up when we go out..

View attachment 132349
Frogs are one of my favorite critters!

When my wife and I were dating, I kept a vivarium with 3 green tree frogs(Hyla cinerea). When I first got them, they were pretty small, and I had learn to breed fruit flies. Then as they got bigger, I had learned to breed crickets.
I had always wanted to try poison dart frogs, but just never got around to it. Who knows........one day perhaps.

Frogs are one of my favorite critters!

When my wife and I were dating, I kept a vivarium with 3 green tree frogs(Hyla cinerea). When I first got them, they were pretty small, and I had learn to breed fruit flies. Then as they got bigger, I had learned to breed crickets.
I had always wanted to try poison dart frogs, but just never got around to it. Who knows........one day perhaps.
Hell yeah man. I love reptiles.. that's pretty crazy breeding fruit Flys. That had to be different to learn. Or even research... the crickets my uncle used to do...the dart frog would be pretty awesome.. just make sure your wear gloves and full protection suit. Don't need some crazy post about your frog got out 😉😉🤣🤣

Frogs, toads, & Turtles - thick at our place. Although for some weird reason, I have not seen as many toads this year.
Oh my wife loves turtles. Got a big Ole red ear slider..

Hell yeah man. I love reptiles.. that's pretty crazy breeding fruit Flys. That had to be different to learn. Or even research... the crickets my uncle used to do...the dart frog would be pretty awesome.. just make sure your wear gloves and full protection suit. Don't need some crazy post about your frog got out 😉😉🤣🤣
Supposedly, the captive bred pdf are not highly toxic due to not having the right food source to develope the proper toxic cocktail. Not sure if that's ever been actually proven though. So, yeah, definitely extra care.
Frogs, toads, & Turtles - thick at our place. Although for some weird reason, I have not seen as many toads this year.
It saddens me that for unknown reasons, certain amphibian populations are declining ☹️

Supposedly, the captive bred pdf are not highly toxic due to not having the right food source to develope the proper toxic cocktail. Not sure if that's ever been actually proven though. So, yeah, definitely extra care.

It saddens me that for unknown reasons, certain amphibian populations are declining ☹️
NO 💩.. that's cool info never knew that... interesting 🤔🤔

Oh my wife loves turtles. Got a big Ole red ear slider..
In the past, I've had large snapping turtles living in my little catch-all pond, on my property. Haven't seen them in the past few years though. We still have red ears though.

Today I received my..

Hobbywing Max 6 160A esc.
Screw kit
#7746 Bell crank assembly
#7714x Chassis top brace
I also had to run to the autoparts store and bought some 10- gauge wire.

Five steps closer. ;)

IMG_1249.JPG

I was going to solder up a harness with my xt90s but I want to wait until I get the main chassis in so I can cut my wires perfect and clean.
Once I get that in then I can start buying the front bulkhead parts.

Oh yeah man!!!!👍👍 it's going to be a fun build for sure.. does the max6 have connectors on it already?

Back