My Xmaxx build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My shocks are showing up tomorrow "Monday" and I'll order my HD green arms, pins, RPM oversize carriers and front shock towers.
Getting closer but again Christmas and some personal life stuff will put a bit of a hold on things.

My shocks are showing up tomorrow "Monday" and I'll order my HD green arms, pins, RPM oversize carriers and front shock towers.
Getting closer but again Christmas and some personal life stuff will put a bit of a hold on things.
Unlike real mistrisses she wont gripe if she doesn't get any attention for awhile. She'll be patiently waiting :hehe:

I received my shocks today and I am amazed at the size of these things. I didn't realize the Xmaxx is so big. I've never seen one in person.

IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_0009.JPG

No doubt lol..
Excuse my dirty hands, I was out winterizing my camper when the postman showed up.

No doubt lol..
Excuse my dirty hands, I was out winterizing my camper when the postman showed up.
Hell, that ain't dirty! You should have seen mine when I stained the wood for the bridge 😜

LOL I bet.
I also loaded up the ATVs so I can go Grouse hunting after the funerals. The wife is going to Cali for a few days on October so I'm going Grouse hunting for sure then.
Life has been really depressing and crazy the last few weeks as you know, so I am surprised I actually have gotten this far on the Xmaxx.

LOL I bet.
I also loaded up the ATVs so I can go Grouse hunting after the funerals. The wife is going to Cali for a few days on October so I'm going Grouse hunting for sure then.
Life has been really depressing and crazy the last few weeks as you know, so I am surprised I actually have gotten this far on the Xmaxx.
Hang in there brother and enjoy yourself. You of all people need it. I wish I could come join you. I have seen a lot of that on the shows I watch and it looks fun!

It really is and I have two ATVs, get your arse down here... :D
I'll tell you what though, when all of this stuff around here is all said and done, I am going out to play until the snow flies. NO WAIT
even after the snow flies :D

Last edited:
That's what's keeping you sane!
You nailed it my man.
I don't make announcements in forums like this but under the circumstances and what I was talking to Wicked about,
I lost my mom Friday the 10th of this month and my brother-in-law two weeks before that to Covid.
It's been a really tough month for me but with the support of some really cool guys here, I'm doing much better.
I owe @WickedFog and @StonerRC365 a ton for lending a shoulder.

Last edited:
Yeah man them 1/5 scales aint no joke. Youll be amazed when you egt it all together :)

Hang in there brutha! I've lost ppl over the last couple years too including my brother so I get it. <3

Sorry to hear that Wolf. Life really does get in the way sometimes but there isn't a damn thing we can do about it but move on.
There, it's off my chest, now back to the regularly scheduled program... :p

I agree Wolf, 1/5 scale is a whole different world. I love taking my baja 5b out to the sand dunes..

I received my shocks today and I am amazed at the size of these things. I didn't realize the Xmaxx is so big. I've never seen one in person.

View attachment 133279View attachment 133280
I know rite it ridiculous how big those shocks are😲😲😲😲
You nailed it my man.
I don't make announcements in forums like this but under the circumstances and what I was talking to Wicked about,
I lost my mom Friday the 10th of this month and my brother-in-law two weeks before that to Covid.
It's been a really tough month for me but with the support of some really cool guys here, I'm doing much better.
Dude no need to thank me brotha. My condolences again. And always here for you bud👍👍👍👍

You owe me nothing man. That's what friends are for. Just glad you took it all as well as you could.

As for the 1/5 scale thing, how many of you remember the Raco Jack Rabbit 1/4 scale buggy in the Tower catalogs? I used to look at that thing and I wanted it so bad. But seeing it now in vids it looks like a baby compared to the big scale stuff. I get the feeling they exagferated that scale just a tad.

When I get the X-Maxx build going I am having a custom coffee table built with the X tucked in the center of the base under glass. I can't think of anywhere else to store it 😜

That's a great idea...
I have four crawlers in the living room and I keep them on top of my guitar amp head and the two speakers, plus one on the floor in front of the tv.

When I get the X-Maxx build going I am having a custom coffee table built with the X tucked in the center of the base under glass. I can't think of anywhere else to store it
Oh man get two tables made please😉🤣🤣👍👍

Back