my spur gear keeps getting loose the bolt i keep tigting it completly really tight i have a tmaxx 3.3 nitro with dynamite .19 engine a metal spur gear

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What size do you think I need
No idea. That's why I asked if you have calipers. With calipers you can measure the thread diameter and thread pitch to find out what size it is. Otherwise, you could use a thread gage to get the pitch.

Do you have a tape measure? Hold it up next to the threads and get me a pic.

threads of what and I will send a pic later when I get home
Yep. That's a nyloc.

Do you have calipers by chance?
I will see if I have calipers when I get home

Yeah, exactly.
I sent a pic earlier but I can send a better pic later
The pic I sent u can kinda see it not rlly I can send a way better pic when I’m home

The pic I sent u can kinda see it not rlly I can send a way better pic when I’m home
I should have calipers if not I can get some

I just remember I have a another transmission I’m pretty sure it has a nut on the spur gear that should work because I just bought a new transmission

I just remember I have a another transmission I’m pretty sure it has a nut on the spur gear that should work because I just bought a new transmission
I will check when I get home

No idea. That's why I asked if you have calipers. With calipers you can measure the thread diameter and thread pitch to find out what size it is. Otherwise, you could use a thread gage to get the pitch.

Do you have a tape measure? Hold it up next to the threads and get me a pic.
I’m pretty sure that it is m4

Ok I don’t think I need to get another one bc I have another transmission it’s the same one and I forgot I have the bolt from that one

you and eye are in the same boat... lost mine years ago
i had another nut from my other transmission and its working now lol just need to tune correctly lol

Back