Hpi savge steering servo upgrade

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natelehman922

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Flying
Just got a hpi savage x 4.6 and immediately noticed the steering servo is largely underpowered and i want to repace it before it breaks. I am new to nitro and rc all aroumd.Need help deciding on the right servo to get to upgrade my truck,please bare with me as i am a tottal noob,will i be able to get a new servo and instal it plug it and start driving?,should i get a new throttle servo as well? Aslo is there any other upgrades i should look into,i live in hawaii and its all lava rock,should i upgrade the plastic gears to metal,spur gear and drive gear? I plan on keeping this truck for life and want to build it to be completely awewome with what ever upgrades i can do that are worth it i just dont know what they are yet,also I'm a car mechanic for work so i know how fix and take apart things

Last edited:
These are a decent servo that work well on 6V:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079HZL171/

300oz/in @6V and waterproof.

I ran a single one in my brushless revo for quite a while with 3.8" trenchers on it. It had plenty of power. I run one now on my stampede 4x4 with 3.8" LP MT tires on it and it works well.

A bit slower than the one I mentioned, but 100oz/in more torque. I don't know what "stock" was as I never used stock servos on any savage I had.