my spur gear keeps getting loose the bolt i keep tigting it completly really tight i have a tmaxx 3.3 nitro with dynamite .19 engine a metal spur gear

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamnotsmart

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
and it just keeps coming undone not coming out bc i notice it bc the wheels dont move bc its to loose to grab please help idk what to do or what would fix it never had this problem the spur just keeps getting loose

is there a reason it is doing it tho bc its a bolt like a wheel that holds it but i will get locktight but i have never has this issue and never locktighted it before

Click the attach files button
And if your on the iPhone right now, click photo library or take a photo

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

will try that i was like i dont have any nuts but that shoulkd work ill take it off the front tire ill try that probably still gonna get locktight

Okay or get a 7 mm wheel nut and that will work
Do you know what I can use to maybe get the nut off the thing I use just stripped
image.jpg

Do you know what I can use to maybe get the nut off the thing I use just stripped
image.jpg
Nvm won’t that glow plug wrench work or whatever or the thing that looks like it is for wheels

Are those washers supposed to be there? Take one off

Are those washers supposed to be there? Take one off
Yes they are I think but I will take on off but is my nut fine bc these wheels ones won’t work there way diff
Yes they are I think but I will take on off but is my nut fine bc these wheels ones won’t work there way diff
Maybe they will idk
image.jpg

Nvm it works should I jsut use that?
I will let you guys know tomorrow when I put it in and try it

Last edited:

Maybe they will idk
View attachment 176417
Nvm it works should I jsut use that?
I will let you guys know tomorrow when I put it in and try it
That type of nut with the serrated bottom is designed to be used withoit a washer under it. A nylon locknut would be better with the washer on there. You can find them in hardware stores.

That type of nut with the serrated bottom is designed to be used withoit a washer under it. A nylon locknut would be better with the washer on there. You can find them in hardware stores.
Do you think like Home Depot would have one? And which nut should I try to get the first one?
Would that second one not work the one I took of the wheel

Do you think like Home Depot would have one? And which nut should I try to get the first one?
Would that second one not work the one I took of the wheel
Home Depot will possibly have them, but if you have a locally owned little hardware store around, or an Ace Hardware, they will likely have them in bulk and you can just buy whatever quantity you need.

I would nut use a serrated lock nut there. Get nylon locknuts or nyloc nuts as they are also called.

Nyloc nuts can sometimes lose their "grip" as the nylon in them becomes a bit worn. Sometimes it is best to install new rather than reuse old ones.

Home Depot will possibly have them, but if you have a locally owned little hardware store around, or an Ace Hardware, they will likely have them in bulk and you can just buy whatever quantity you need.

I would nut use a serrated lock nut there. Get nylon locknuts or nyloc nuts as they are also called.

Nyloc nuts can sometimes lose their "grip" as the nylon in them becomes a bit worn. Sometimes it is best to install new rather than reuse old ones.
okay I will look for them
IMG_1428.png

Isn’t this something like it would work?
can’t I just bring it there and see if they have something like it?

Last edited:
Back