My savage x 4.6 isnt working.Please help!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Kjanora10

RCNT Rookie
RC Driving Style
Racing
When i start the car it starts great and the motor sounds good. But once i start driving every 2 seconds or so the car misses almost like its electronic. I put new batteries in everything and it doesn't make a difference.

cbaker65

Hardcore RCNT User
When i start the car it starts great and the motor sounds good. But once i start driving every 2 seconds or so the car misses almost like its electronic. I put new batteries in everything and it doesn't make a difference.
Is it the old AM style radio gear ,if it is ,then it could be glitching real bad ,but ,really need more details!

Kjanora10

RCNT Rookie
RC Driving Style
Racing
The car is an old pass down from a friend. It is probably around 10 years old so i would assume that its the old radio system. What should i do if its glitching out. Also is it possible that it is the gas not tuned good enough so the car doesn't respond as well?

Kjanora10

RCNT Rookie
RC Driving Style
Racing
Is it the old AM style radio gear
Is it the old AM style radio gear ,if it is ,then it could be glitching real bad ,but ,really need more details!
The car is an old pass down from a friend. It is probably around 10 years old so i would assume that its the old radio system. What should i do if its glitching out. Also is it possible that it is the gas not tuned good enough so the car doesn't respond as well?

olds97_lss

RCNT VIP
Supporter
RC Driving Style
Bashing
Kind of need to hear/see what your issue is. Even a low quality video with sound on youtube would help.

cbaker65

Hardcore RCNT User
The transmitter will have the metal antenna that pulls out ,the receiver wire that is in the truck is also
long!

Some times if the receiver wire hangs down too close to the engines clutch ,it will cause the servo's
to glitch real bad ,but like said ,really need more detail!

Kjanora10

RCNT Rookie
RC Driving Style
Racing
Could air in the gas cause the car to not respond and drive for a few seconds almost like it is skipping?

cbaker65

Hardcore RCNT User
This is what i have. Sorry its kinda a bad picture.

Well ,that is a 2.4 Speky radio ,so you shouldn't have those issues that I mentioned!

If you got the truck used ,an it has been sitting for a while ,you are going to have to go through
the truck an do some clean up of the engine an fuel system!

That will require taking the engine out an cleaning & lubing the carb needle seals ,replacing fuel
line an clean the inside of the fuel tank ,an making sure all the screws are tight.

Also ,the truck may not been tune after the engine was broke in from the previous owner ,as I came
across that on some of the stuff that I bought used!

Kjanora10

RCNT Rookie
RC Driving Style
Racing
It will drive then stop then drive then stop but the motor never shuts of. Alls the motor does is sound like it doesn't have any power for a few seconds at a time.

Kjanora10

RCNT Rookie
RC Driving Style
Racing
Well it wasn't tuned well but i am wondering if tuning it perfectly could cure the missing problems.

Kjanora10

RCNT Rookie
RC Driving Style
Racing
Yes the muffler does spit out alot sometimes. Enough to leave a small puddle where i start it.

cbaker65

Hardcore RCNT User
Well it wasn't tuned well but i am wondering if tuning it perfectly could cure the missing problems.
A lack ok fuel pressure to the tank could cause that do to lack of pressure from the muffler or
from the tank lid seal.

But ,I think that that truck had issue with the fuel tank ,not sure ,someone else may chime in on that!

If the truck was never tuned after break-in ,then you will have issues ,because the engine is set very
rich!

Make sure that the fuel tank is getting pressure from the muffler tube ,an holds good pressure
from the tank lid ,other wise ,it will run un even!

cbaker65

Hardcore RCNT User
Yes the muffler does spit out alot sometimes. Enough to leave a small puddle where i start it.
If there is a lot of fuel ,then the engine is set at factory settings ,the carb needles need to be
leaned in!

Always take notes on the turns you make on the carb needles ,try leaning the HSN in about a
1/4 of a turn an see if that makes a difference!

Kjanora10

RCNT Rookie
RC Driving Style
Racing
Ok i am going to go through the cars engine. I will ask if i find anything weird

Kjanora10

RCNT Rookie
RC Driving Style
Racing
Is it possible that it could be the clutch not engaging always. I am pretty sure it is not though because it does drive even though it seems to miss

olds97_lss

RCNT VIP
Supporter
RC Driving Style
Bashing

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Freezectrl I've been working on this Savage 4.6 for 3 weeks and I can't get it running, help! Engines 18
Freezectrl HPI Savage won't turn over with roto start Engines 6
TheOneTrueMorty Savage with LRP.32 issues Engines 14
Mooserman1031 Diff upgrade for Savage SS with new 4.6 mill. Monster Trucks 1
H Savage Xl K. 5.9 engine alternative Engines 8
Bluetickduke Savage xl nylon arms? Nitro RC 1
Bluetickduke Tuning savage 5.9 Nitro RC 5
Bluetickduke Help with my savage xl 5.9 Nitro RC 22
P My HPI Savage X is on factory setting and it's revving like mad Nitro RC 4
H Savage still in gear when deacceleration HPI Savage 3
R Savage flux xs or mini erevo Electric RC 7
H X Maxx vs. Savage Xl... Monster Trucks 19
R Savage XL Flux Build Electric RC 1
F Savage x 4.6 Nitro RC 6
F Savage x 4.6 Nitro RC 5
F Savage x, zip dies on heat sink Nitro RC 2
F Savage x 4.6 Nitro RC 3
Kimmie28 Is it possible to convert my Savage XL 5.9 to a Savage Flux? HPI Savage 24
F Savage x 4.6 Nitro RC 3
F Savage x 4.6 Nitro RC 16
F Hey guys new to the world i have a savage x 4.6 just need help to make sure I'm doing things correctly Nitro RC 7
Brandon1 HPI Savage Plus Monster Trucks 0
Z Savage x4.6 steering problem Nitro RC 12
olds97_lss Bash from 2019/07/27 - my ERBEv1 converted to V2 and my savage flux with a cap pack General Chaos 12
The_Plug1420 upgrade shocks on savage x 4.6 Nitro RC 0
Lazy Bushman Anyone running the Savage XS Flux Electric RC 10
wannarunem savage throttle mod Monster Trucks 3
N Savage x. Who’s got one? Electric RC 12
J Hpi limited edition e savage Electric RC 3
A What’s better HPI Savage 4.6 or marauder 1/5 30cc Large Scale RC 3
P Flipped new savage 4.6 now throttle wide open! Amd stripped metal clutch bell Nitro RC 1
olds97_lss 2018 0708 Bash video, talion, savage flux, granite Electric RC 8
craig911 Another Savage XL engine question Monster Trucks 4
olds97_lss Latest bashing videos 2018-06-23 Savage Flux, Arrma Talion, Traxxas Stampede 4x4 Electric RC 2
B HPI SAVAGE XL 5.9 HELP!!! Nitro RC 1
Antndrew78 Savage 25 Diff question HPI Savage 2
craig911 savage xl larger battery box recommendation Monster Trucks 3
Gregw1 Savage x is back in stock Monster Trucks 3
badboy2 HPI Savage TVP need more info.. Monster Trucks 2
thedon savage x 4.1 tuned pipe Nitro RC 2
J HPI Savage 25 engine upgrade Engines 5
Rusty Nail Savage XL Stuck in Reverse HPI Savage 3
Rusty Nail Savage XL and LRP Adventure Nitro RC 6
J Savage XL - Shocks and Radio Gear Upgrade. HPI Savage 6
olds97_lss Got myself a used savage flux. HPI Savage 21
Rusty Nail Fuel issues with my Savage X 4.6 Engines 6