My savage x 4.6 isnt working.Please help!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kjanora10

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
When i start the car it starts great and the motor sounds good. But once i start driving every 2 seconds or so the car misses almost like its electronic. I put new batteries in everything and it doesn't make a difference.

When i start the car it starts great and the motor sounds good. But once i start driving every 2 seconds or so the car misses almost like its electronic. I put new batteries in everything and it doesn't make a difference.

Is it the old AM style radio gear ,if it is ,then it could be glitching real bad ,but ,really need more details!

The car is an old pass down from a friend. It is probably around 10 years old so i would assume that its the old radio system. What should i do if its glitching out. Also is it possible that it is the gas not tuned good enough so the car doesn't respond as well?

Is it the old AM style radio gear
Is it the old AM style radio gear ,if it is ,then it could be glitching real bad ,but ,really need more details!
The car is an old pass down from a friend. It is probably around 10 years old so i would assume that its the old radio system. What should i do if its glitching out. Also is it possible that it is the gas not tuned good enough so the car doesn't respond as well?

The transmitter will have the metal antenna that pulls out ,the receiver wire that is in the truck is also
long!

Some times if the receiver wire hangs down too close to the engines clutch ,it will cause the servo's
to glitch real bad ,but like said ,really need more detail!

This is what i have. Sorry its kinda a bad picture.

Attachments

• 15624096004048354888492471697644.jpg
    15624096004048354888492471697644.jpg
    600.4 KB · Views: 97
Could air in the gas cause the car to not respond and drive for a few seconds almost like it is skipping?

This is what i have. Sorry its kinda a bad picture.

Well ,that is a 2.4 Speky radio ,so you shouldn't have those issues that I mentioned!

If you got the truck used ,an it has been sitting for a while ,you are going to have to go through
the truck an do some clean up of the engine an fuel system!

That will require taking the engine out an cleaning & lubing the carb needle seals ,replacing fuel
line an clean the inside of the fuel tank ,an making sure all the screws are tight.

Also ,the truck may not been tune after the engine was broke in from the previous owner ,as I came
across that on some of the stuff that I bought used!

It will drive then stop then drive then stop but the motor never shuts of. Alls the motor does is sound like it doesn't have any power for a few seconds at a time.

Well it wasn't tuned well but i am wondering if tuning it perfectly could cure the missing problems.

Yes the muffler does spit out alot sometimes. Enough to leave a small puddle where i start it.

Well it wasn't tuned well but i am wondering if tuning it perfectly could cure the missing problems.

A lack ok fuel pressure to the tank could cause that do to lack of pressure from the muffler or
from the tank lid seal.

But ,I think that that truck had issue with the fuel tank ,not sure ,someone else may chime in on that!

If the truck was never tuned after break-in ,then you will have issues ,because the engine is set very
rich!

Make sure that the fuel tank is getting pressure from the muffler tube ,an holds good pressure
from the tank lid ,other wise ,it will run un even!

Yes the muffler does spit out alot sometimes. Enough to leave a small puddle where i start it.

If there is a lot of fuel ,then the engine is set at factory settings ,the carb needles need to be
leaned in!

Always take notes on the turns you make on the carb needles ,try leaning the HSN in about a
1/4 of a turn an see if that makes a difference!

Ok i am going to go through the cars engine. I will ask if i find anything weird

Is it possible that it could be the clutch not engaging always. I am pretty sure it is not though because it does drive even though it seems to miss