My next tires for Kraton 6s

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calabash

RC Newbie
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Any reviews for those of you that have them already?

Screenshot 2023-04-24 081601.png

I don't have a 1/8 kraton. but the badland tires are pretty nice tires. Great traction and the tire lasts a pretty long time. From what I heard about the 2.8 versions for 1/10 MTs, they are pretty heavy. I think @ahr43 did a test with his MT10 with different tires and the badlands were heavy compared to others. Can't comment about those on a 1/8 kraton. But I know the 2.8 MTs and and 2.2 SCTs have good traction and last a pretty long time.
Proline tires and wheels are expensive but it is probably worth it. For 1/10 tires it is 42 ish dollars for a pair so 80+ for a whole set. I am used to duratrax tires and wheels which are pretty good. I used the six pack sc and lockup MT. I stripped a few wheel hexes but its my fault (it was the wheel nuts I been using, they kept backing out) Duratrax 1/10 tires are around 30 dollars a pair so around 60 for a set. Jconcepts has a few basher tires but I only use them for racing and they are pretty good.

Last edited:
I don't have a 1/8 kraton. but the badland tires are pretty nice tires. Great traction and the tire lasts a pretty long time. From what I heard about the 2.8 versions for 1/10 MTs, they are pretty heavy. I think @ahr43 did a test with his MT10 with different tires and the badlands were heavy compared to others. Can't comment about those on a 1/8 kraton. But I know the 2.8 MTs and and 2.2 SCTs have good traction and last a pretty long time.
Proline tires and wheels are expensive but it is probably worth it. For 1/10 tires it is 42 ish dollars for a pair so 80+ for a whole set. I am used to duratrax tires and wheels which are pretty good. I used the six pack sc and lockup MT. I stripped a few wheel hexes but its my fault (it was the wheel nuts I been using, they kept backing out) Duratrax 1/10 tires are around 30 dollars a pair so around 60 for a set. Jconcepts has a few basher tires but I only use them for racing and they are pretty good.
Thanks for the feedback.

I use belted tires on my Xmaxx and it's next to impossible to back flip with them.