My first race

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroTamiya

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok so this was my first race ever. I was using my Tamiya TG10-Mk.1 which i will say is not a racer.

First qualifier- So far I'm doing good with about 4 laps completed and then all of a sudden my car dies. It had no gas. But wait that impossible cause it was toped off before the race started; well guess what; my gas tank lid wasn't shut fully and during those 4 laps i had rolled the car twice and all the gas leaked out. So I'm back on the track and i get antoher 2 laps done when my muffler falls off; son of a *****. So I'm out of that. I finished 4 of 5

Second qualifier- I'm warming up around the track and on my way to get toped off my muffler falls off again :censored: So i was out of that. I didnt even start.

B Main- A guy at the track lets me borrow his CVEC. I'm doing awesome; FIRST place. Then the muffler falls off again. No problem; it gets popped back on real fast and i didnt even loose a position. I get around the track 2 more times and this time it comes off the manifold and the coupler. I'm out. I finished 2nd out of 2.

All in all i had a lot of fun and i got a ton of support from the veteran racers.

Sounds like you could use an extra spring on the manifold, extra zipties on the joint between the pipe and manifold, and plenty of blue locktite on the set screw and mount. That sucks when parts fall off!

Congrats though on a good race! :clap: Put me on a track and my driving skills suck!

congrats - my first race ever - i didnt even complete any of the races, stalling, tracking, u name it, i had a problem, i do pretty well now though

The thing about racing is all in the preperation and extra messures taking to ensure whatever car you drive will at least make it throught the race. Then you have to worry about placing.

Back