My budget Axial SCX24

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keepsgoing4evr

RCTalk Rookie
Military Veteran
Reaction score
It likes to flex. I removed some of the roll bars in the back. Removed the light buckets and flipped the light bar downwards. Chopped the ESC mount and got it more inboard. Battery tray trimmed up. Flipped the rear shock mounts. Relocated the front shocks to the frame. Inverted the stock shocks and filled with some thick marine grease. RC4WD wheels reversed the hubs for a wide track. Hot Racing brass. Aluminum front axle. Trimmed about an 1/8 of the bottom of the side body. Also if you take a torch to the roll cage, just light heat will melt the plastic and make the bars have a shine to them. Stock electronics. Those are coming soon. It's a badass little truck and has become my favorite over my Speedrun and basher cars lol. Made a course in the backyard and spend a lot of time with this thing. Just thought I'd share it. Hope you all are having a great week!
20211005_172514.jpg
20211005_172219.jpg
20211005_172549.jpg

20211005_172835.jpg

It likes to flex. I removed some of the roll bars in the back. Removed the light buckets and flipped the light bar downwards. Chopped the ESC mount and got it more inboard. Battery tray trimmed up. Flipped the rear shock mounts. Relocated the front shocks to the frame. Inverted the stock shocks and filled with some thick marine grease. RC4WD wheels reversed the hubs for a wide track. Hot Racing brass. Aluminum front axle. Trimmed about an 1/8 of the bottom of the side body. Also if you take a torch to the roll cage, just light heat will melt the plastic and make the bars have a shine to them. Stock electronics. Those are coming soon. It's a badass little truck and has become my favorite over my Speedrun and basher cars lol. Made a course in the backyard and spend a lot of time with this thing. Just thought I'd share it. Hope you all are having a great week!View attachment 134557View attachment 134558View attachment 134559
View attachment 134555
Glad you're enjoying your 24!

Welcome to RCT bud. Those 24's are very cool about to order one tomorrow. Just can't decide which one. Probably one of the jeeps.. nice mods. Some nice grip/ tread on those tires..Looks good man!!
👍👍

Awesome man! You got some great articulation out of it. It is great seeing mods people do to these. I have the red Deadbolt as well, and the gray C10. Next up is a yellow Jeep and I am slowly putting parts together to build a 6x6.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Its been a blast. Definitely went down the rabbit hole lol

Thanks for the replies everyone. Its been a blast. Definitely went down the rabbit hole lol
I'm in there with ya. I have a couple 24's I am toying with myself. They are fun little trucks, but mine are needing upgrades that I want but are never in stock 🤬

Very nice! I also have a red Deadbolt. All stock and unmolested, with the exception of brass wheel weights. I'm looking to upgrade more, but I'm also wanting to pick up the yellow Jeep and green C10. What to do, what to do? 😁
1024211635.jpg
1024211646a.jpg

FYI
I recently picked up the FMS Atlas and the out the larger wheeld/tires fits perfectly on the Deadbolt. The stock Atlas tires are a very soft compound and with the much wider width, really up the crawl performance of the Deadbolt!
There's a slight body rub on certain extreme steering and flexion, but it's very minor.
1112211808a.jpg
1112211808.jpg
1112211625a_Burst01.jpg
1112211628_HDR.jpg
1112211624.jpg

Back