Motor swap

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b_balln4life

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have a Savage XL with a K5.9 in it. Love my truck great basher super tough stock truck. That being said the only down side of it is the motor doesn't have the greatest power and is a complete gas hog. My buddy has a X with a Dynamite .28 big red that puts out more power than the 5.9 and runs on half the gas.

Wanting to upgrade to a better motor. Posted in the Savage forum and was told LRP .32 or a Picco 26. So far i have found the Picco for about $40 more than the LRP. Any other ideas would be much appropriated.

I have both , and one thing I do no is the tuning window is a little smaller on the picco making the LRP just a little easyer to tune , they are both really good engine , I've had picco's , OS , HPI , traxxas , dynamite,SH and LRP's and seems like I all we's go back to LRP , I really don't like telling people what to buy I'm more in to telling how things work out for me ,so between Picco and LRP , LRP worked out the best for me
I posted this in your other thread as well

You only need the one thread, it makes it easier on you and the people giving you advice.

Back