Mini 8ight Tips

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitro Nerd

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Hey all...I have a Losi Mini 8ight. It's my only electric. I'm a nitro guy and know little about electrics. I only got the Mini 8ight because it is a scaled down 1/8 buggy, and those I do know about. ;-)

What are some areas to focus on with respect to durability? Have yet to really run it off-road much. I have a few 7.2 and a Lipo3s for it. I'm getting good at replacing spur gears. ;-(

I plan to run it at indoor track, but afraid it would fall apart if I jumped it. How much can this buggy handle stock, and what are some good durability options for it?

Thanks!

I've launched mine off of skateboard ramps and it did fine, my bashing buddies couldn't believe how well it jumped and the fact that it could handle the big air it was getting. I did snap a stock arm so they were replaced with RPM. The first thing to order would be T-Bone Racing bumpers, the stock one snaps if you look at it too hard. I ran mine around an on road track and the bumper was snapped off when it came back, I don't even remember hitting anything. TBR also offer a protective cover for the shock caps, they're a pretty well known weak point. Being as you'll be running indoor, you probably won't have to worry about it as much but there are a few spur gear covers out there. The Toyz is a pretty good source of M8 upgrades, I've scored a few great deals from their ebay store.

Thanks. To be clear - I'll be running it everywhere, but indoor track is where it will get challenged the most. Never heard about the bumper problem...but I just checked it (could barely see it) and it almost snapped when I put pressure on it.

I also stripped the screws going into the bell crank steering post (both of them) so will need to get creative in getting that fixed as I have no torque.

What about a 3S? Some have said it's too much. I can tune it to get just enough slippage so that it's power-band is fairly smooth...but it's eating up pads. It's one vehicle I'm okay with actually putting weight on. Also noticed the rear drive cup came loose and rubbed against something as it's all scared up.

Last edited:
Back