Managed to get some done today cleaning up the wheels and giving them a fresh coat

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rovan2021

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Only had the car a week not been out yet ( found somewhere to take my step son next week once he gets back from his dads) , thought it has a aluminium upgraded front bar on the way and skid plate upgrade , whilst I'm not busy today I painted the front wheels ,. Cleaned them up loads and I think they look much better , fully stripped , painted and then laquered , probably won't last two mins but hey 🤷
1628097048523.jpg

They look even better on the car. 😍
Going to do the rears tomorrow and hopefully the ally front will be here this week ready for fitting and then have a bash next week sometime , can do the little bits whilst it's out of action 😉 the orange anodised bits don't really gel but gotta to make it your own eh 😂

I've been looking for aluminum wheels for my baja forever but can't find any.

I've been looking for aluminum wheels for my baja forever but can't find any.
Yeah I did wonder if they where something that was available tbh wonder if other models etc would possibly fit also , part prices in the UK are really high tbh I've just got into the hobby and never realised how big the hobby was , you could make some good money just buying and stripping them , I need alot of ally upgrades still for mine most has been done but it needs the front ally bulkhead , all suspension , and the rear bulkhead and shock towers , then it's basically all ally , very pricy but I'm just going to do it as and when I can afford to 👍

Yeah I did wonder if they where something that was available tbh wonder if other models etc would possibly fit also , part prices in the UK are really high tbh I've just got into the hobby and never realised how big the hobby was , you could make some good money just buying and stripping them , I need alot of ally upgrades still for mine most has been done but it needs the front ally bulkhead , all suspension , and the rear bulkhead and shock towers , then it's basically all ally , very pricy but I'm just going to do it as and when I can afford to 👍
A few months ago I guess it was, I bought some chrome wheels for my baja and took it out to the sand dunes but it chipped the crap out of each wheel on the outside ring. Exactly why I want aluminum. I did find one set but I couldn't find where they were located and I have a problem buying something expensive and no clue where they come from.

A few months ago I guess it was, I bought some chrome wheels for my baja and took it out to the sand dunes but it chipped the crap out of each wheel on the outside ring. Exactly why I want aluminum. I did find one set but I couldn't find where they were located and I have a problem buying something expensive and no clue where they come from.
I completley agree from a purchasing stand point , I always use PayPal for this reason but still it's a risk , hopefully some will turn up ! 👍

IMG_20210805_143219.jpg
IMG_20210805_143216.jpg
that's the wheels done , the rears where a nightmare to get the tyres back on and lined up think it's had recent new rear foam inners , fought against the weather all day , but was worth it !
IMG_20210805_144804.jpg
IMG_20210805_144756.jpg
IMG_20210805_144759.jpg
also fitted new front end , put alot more strength in that front end now , really happy with it

Last edited:
Tbh didn't take me long was a rush job as could see the rain coming was a case of spraying outside then throwing the bits in the shed to dry 😂 at least you got something done today , chip away at your leisure that's the good thing about this hobby 👍