lost and found "slinky rat"

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpinehyperlite

Original RCNT Nutswinger
Supporter
Police
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Soooo...... on Sunday, 10/11/09, while i was working, my ex-girlfriend, (was current girlfriend at the time, and no didnt break up with her over this) decided to go grocery shopping. While unloading the truck, she left the door open to my apt, and let my ferret "Molly" out by accident. I got home and asked the ex where Molly was, and she said, I dont know, i havent seen her in a few hours. So I TORE my apartment apart, pulling up baseboards to the cabinets, cut open the bottom of my couches, looked everywhere. Was unable to find her anywhere. After 2 days of searching, I had lost hope. Yesterday, I decided to call the managment office of my complex and asked if they had anyone report a, ferret or "large rat" running around the complex. They said that someone had called the office just a couple of hours before I called, someone had called them to report it. I got the girls name and number that found my Molly. I called the number and introduced myself as "Ofc. Hammett, the complex's courtesy officer." And then stated that I was told that she had possibly found my ferret. She then told me that yes, she had found A ferret, and it looked skinny and neglected and smelled like she was fed dog food, and she brought it somewhere that it would never be found by such a neglectful owner.... OHHHH I went off on her. (I treat my ferret better than most people treat their children. Fed the best food, has her own room, more toys than I do. Its a FERRET, IT IS SKINNY!!!) Needless to say I found out that she had driven to New Orleans, (About an hour away) and dropped my ferret off at a vet clinic there. So I get the number to the clinic, and call them. This was about 1300hrs. They advised me that if I didn't pick her up by 1800hrs, she would be euthanised. I was like WTF!!! I didnt get off work till then. So I called another ex of mine who lives in New Orleans (I'm really good terms with her), and asked if she wouldnt mind going pick her up for me. She agreed with no problems, and I called the clinic back and said someone was going to come for me. They said no. It had to be me. WTF? So I told them that I was unable to get there before they closed due to being on duty with the State Police. They said they would hold her until 1800hrs on Thursday (tomorrow). Thank God because I am off tomorrow, and can go pick her up. Just thought i'd share my story of peoples ignorance.
No I'm not weird, this thing acts just like a dog, follows me around n stuff.

Miss you baby!! See you tomorrow!!

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

Ferrets are really cool when properly cared for. The first picture looks like you played tug 'O' war with a kitten. :hehe:

Too bad she was found by someone so ignorant, but I'm glad to hear you'll be getting her back.

yea.... thats the most important thing.

I can't believe someone would do that to an animal that is clearly someones pet. I would have went door to door in the complex until the owner was found. What a dumb bitch.

Good to hear Molly is in a safe place until you can pick her up.

Jeeze, why were they gonna put her to sleep so fast? Glad to hear you found and are getting her back.

I think you should stake out the womans apartment, someone that stupid has to be guilty of something! Glad to hear your getting Molly back.

Jeeze, why were they gonna put her to sleep so fast? Glad to hear you found and are getting her back.

IDK.... Many people and places consider ferrets to be rodents/pests.... idk why. Molly is more of a dog than my Black Lab is.......

I think you should stake out the womans apartment, someone that stupid has to be guilty of something! Glad to hear your getting Molly back.

The management said the chick is CRAZY...... so idk what her deal is.

Actually that chick sounds more stupid than crazy. I personally wouldn't have a ferret for a pet, but I think they are interesting animals. Glad to hear you got her back.

Glad to hear you will be soon reunited with Ur Molly, some people are so freaking ignorant.

I personally wouldn't have a ferret for a pet, but I think they are interesting animals.

How come? They are awesome, and clean animals.... Everyone has an opinion, but I'm just curious.

How come? They are awesome, and clean animals.... Everyone has an opinion, but I'm just curious.

Probably because the have a bad rep just like pit bulls. Well any animal you dont pay attention to and care for properly will end up to be not a good pet. I am glad you found your ferret man. They are really cool.

I had a couple of friends that had them and they just didn't appeal to me as a pet. I'm a more traditional cat or dog person.

Ahh, thats cool. I'm deff not a cat person... idk y, never have been.

I don't know what that woman's problem was but pets are family no matter what kind of pet it is. I'm glad you're getting her back.

Damn man you should forward the gas bill to that dumb ass bitch.

Glad to hear you found her. I would love to have a pet myself, but with no one but me to care for it and the long days I work, it just wouldn't be right to take on such a massive responsibility.

I'm not worried about the money, I'm just glad I'm going to be able to have her back. She is a part of my family. Judgmental people just need to learn to get their stuff straight before voicing their opinions on things of which they do not know.

Take that woman with you to the animal shelter and have her spayed. :whhooo::hehe:
She shouldn't be allowed to reproduce due to her absolute stupidity. If the world is lucky, she'll be on the next list of Darwin awards.

i got the taser i can shove in her baby-makin-hole and let 50,000 volts fry her eggs.

Back