The Power of RC

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamr

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Boating
This week I went out of state to visit family.
I didn't bring any of my toys as I thought my brother in law did not have any RC cars. Besides we had lots to do as he is into motorcycle riding and trail riding and had an extra bike and off road vehicles for us to play with.
As I am walking through his garage to go to dinner I notice a box that said "RC Car" on it.
So I said, what the hell, Are you holding out on me?
After dinner we made some drinks and went back out to the garage where he told me he got this car from his boss at the company he worked at (I wont say which one but let's just say it is a huge company that sounds like Fonda). Turns out is is a 10 year old SC10.
PXL_20231012_175214347.jpg

One of the two Nimh batteries were able to be resurrected and we were out playing with that thing in about an hour.
PXL_20231012_175205457.jpg

So I showed him some videos of what the new ones can do and he wanted to build a track in his yard.
We started designing a outdoor track on some paper and looking at vids of different tracks.
The next morning we had his tractor out and were making a track!
PXL_20231013_215307031.jpg

Then jumps.
PXL_20231014_001700403.jpg

It wasn't a huge one but I'm sure he is going to expand it after he gets his first upgrade.
Then we were on Amazon ordering Lipos and talking about other upgrades and other cars.
The power of RC to have a good time!
PXL_20231014_003243432.jpg

OG SC10. I like the looks of older short course trucks.
Surprise! Barn Find! Literally a barn find.
I agree. But it looked very fragile. The arms and the tie rods were very small. Not beefy at all.
Fun none the less!

The arms and the tie rods were very small. Not beefy at all.
Agreed. The same thing with my uncles Xray. On his, turnbuckles are super thin and he bends them alot. And its Xray so a pair of 2 is like 20 bucks. He can't get a newer model ones without getting larger rod ends / ball cups. He did bend back a few and managed to deal with it. I imagine that not alot of parts were beefy back then. Now we have some cars with some pretty beefy and thick plastics. Mostly on the basher side, like Traxxas Extreme Heavy duty parts, Wide Maxx kit, and a few new Arrmas have some pretty thick and durable parts.

Last edited:
Man, this is so cool… thanks for posting this. Love seeing new people get excited about the hobby - even better when you find some common ground with the in-laws.

You found this in a.barn?
The car was out in his garage.
Funny he should say that though, They just built their own barn on the property.

Back