1st run with my new Arrma Outcast

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CPC-464

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Finally, took my truck with my daughter to the park and boy was it packed today, found it hard to find an open space where there were no people or trees to crash into!

Found a nice spot connected everything up and off we went at 50% power, had so much fun with that! steering seemed a bit on the weak side - will upgrade. My 7 year old managed to control it at this power with me behind her support her. Did hit my shins couple of times with the wings at low speed and it hurts!. Eventually we moved on and found nice dirt track and it was great making a dust storm on it.

Lots of people approached us asking about the car and wanted to know more, was great sharing the knowledge I had. Daughter wanted to see it at 100% and wow I was impressed, very hard to control it but got the hang of it. Did not do any flips etc.. need to find a smallish ramp to learn before it send it. Couple of collisions into at relatively low speed on trees trunks and stumps. Couple of ice creams later drove it back to the car along the pavement - big mistake. I can't recall what happened but I managed to get it under a parked car and I had to pull it out. Some battle scars on the shell, forgot to reinforce it before taking it out but nothing has cracked yet.

Once home, took shell of and noticed a small pebble stuck under the driveshaft which explained the noise I was getting towards the end of our run at 50%. Drive shaft scored a little. Will get a net for this hoping it keeps pebbles out. Battery back into storage charge which took no time because the juice I had left left the battery at 3.8Volts. Maybe I could have kept it going for bit longer - gensacearespammers Hardcase 4S 6800mah I think it is.

Car cleaned up and back on the wall. Couple of questions,

1. The battery took over 3 hours to charge at 1 amp, normal or not?

2. scoring of drive shaft, have a spare one ready for when it goes?

There's probably things I should have done before taking it out, but I could not wait any longer and can't wait to take it out again!

Thanks everyone!

Yeah, you might get a replacement driveshaft just in case.

That battery being 6800mAh, a 1C charge rate would be 6.8A. So yeah, at 1A, it's going to take forever to charge it.

You should charge it at 1C, or 6.8A. You can even go higher, but it may shorten the life of your battery. 2C would be 13.6A. 3C would be 20.4A. I charge all mine at 1C. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
IMO, 3 hrs is pretty long for that batt. I've got ones with higher mAh and takes maybe 1.5 hrs max from storage charge and 1c. What charger are you using? That makes a difference.

Scored driveshaft is fine as long as it's not bent/wobbling. I've scored a few the exact same way and they are still runnin' fine. Good you've got one on hand though. I'd replace only if the scored one starts to act up.

Outcast is a blast!!! I've got it's brother, the Notorious 6s, which is basically the same rig. So much fun!!! Def be careful on 100% until you practice good throttle control. They can really do damage to a person or property at full speed.

Awesome runnin' with your kid. Makin' memories!!

Glad to see another Arrma fan here!! Happy Bashing!!! 😁 ✌️

Wow. That Outcast is a lot of truck. Glad you like it and your daughter can grow into it.

^^What Kevin says, regarding charging.^^ 1C is what I do. As a general rule, do my bash sessions at ~50-75% power setting. Only time I bump it up to ~90-100% is for speed runs. But that's a whole 'nother venue and set of run circumstances.

Oh, by the way, welcome to the forum. Cheers. 'AC'

IMO, 3 hrs is pretty long for that batt. I've got ones with higher mAh and takes maybe 1.5 hrs max from storage charge and 1c. What charger are you using? That makes a difference.

Scored driveshaft is fine as long as it's not bent/wobbling. I've scored a few the exact same way and they are still runnin' fine. Good you've got one on hand though. I'd replace only if the scored one starts to act up.

Outcast is a blast!!! I've got it's brother, the Notorious 6s, which is basically the same rig. So much fun!!! Def be careful on 100% until you practice good throttle control. They can really do damage to a person or property at full speed.

He was charging at 1A, not 1C. At 1A, it would take forever to charge. At 1C (6.8A), he should be able to get them charged in a bit over an hour, depending on the balance circuit of the charger.

He was charging at 1A, not 1C. At 1A, it would take forever to charge. At 1C (6.8A), he should be able to get them charged in a bit over an hour, depending on the balance circuit of the charger.
Gotcha...read it so fast my brain just saw 1c lol

Then yea....1a would take a loooong time. 😂

I was charging the battery using a Sky RC T200. Instructions for battery say not to go over 2c, maybe next time ill try using 1.5???
Gotcha...read it so fast my brain just saw 1c lol

Then yea....1a would take a loooong time. 😂
Now I know what I did wrong. I should have selected 6.8 first - I left it at 1.0 thinking that was the C rating :facepalm:
Can anyone advise where this rubber seal came out from please? Rubber seal pointed at with pencil.

Thanks all

Attachments

• 20230410_161530.jpg
    20230410_161530.jpg
    512.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Finally, took my truck with my daughter to the park and boy was it packed today, found it hard to find an open space where there were no people or trees to crash into!

Found a nice spot connected everything up and off we went at 50% power, had so much fun with that! steering seemed a bit on the weak side - will upgrade. My 7 year old managed to control it at this power with me behind her support her. Did hit my shins couple of times with the wings at low speed and it hurts!. Eventually we moved on and found nice dirt track and it was great making a dust storm on it.

Lots of people approached us asking about the car and wanted to know more, was great sharing the knowledge I had. Daughter wanted to see it at 100% and wow I was impressed, very hard to control it but got the hang of it. Did not do any flips etc.. need to find a smallish ramp to learn before it send it. Couple of collisions into at relatively low speed on trees trunks and stumps. Couple of ice creams later drove it back to the car along the pavement - big mistake. I can't recall what happened but I managed to get it under a parked car and I had to pull it out. Some battle scars on the shell, forgot to reinforce it before taking it out but nothing has cracked yet.

Once home, took shell of and noticed a small pebble stuck under the driveshaft which explained the noise I was getting towards the end of our run at 50%. Drive shaft scored a little. Will get a net for this hoping it keeps pebbles out. Battery back into storage charge which took no time because the juice I had left left the battery at 3.8Volts. Maybe I could have kept it going for bit longer - gensacearespammers Hardcase 4S 6800mah I think it is.

Car cleaned up and back on the wall. Couple of questions,

1. The battery took over 3 hours to charge at 1 amp, normal or not?

2. scoring of drive shaft, have a spare one ready for when it goes?

There's probably things I should have done before taking it out, but I could not wait any longer and can't wait to take it out again!

Thanks everyone!
My Outcast is coming tomorrow, looking forward to driving it...I'll be watching your posts and comparing notes.

Right, cleaned out all the dust and pebbles from chasis. replaced the scored drive shaft and cleaned out all the dust/sand in the clipper clutch assembly area.

Now I can't get the motor back in. Tried the trick Kevin Talbot's friend Vinnie did with some lube on the bottom but still it wont go in!!! Anyone have any tips on how to get this back in, I want to go out bashing!

Before I go, need to get some sort of net to get less dust pebbles in there.

Thank you