Losi 8ight t 2.0 nitro vs brushless

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcjunky2002

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok guys I'm just looking for opinions on what I should do. I just picked up a nice losi 8ight t 2.0 conversion and its ready to drop a brushless setup in it but I been doing some thinking on whether or not I want a brushless or nitro 8ight t. What would you do? Would you A.put a sick nitro engine and pipe on it and make it a nice nitro or would you B. set it up brushless and make a sick e truggy out of it? Any opinions are welcome ... Thanks for any suggestions u give..

If it were me, I would go nitro. That is only because I already have a brushless truggy.

I'm strongly thinking about goiin nitro with it.. but, i have a buddy that has a nice mamba monster motor and esc along with 3 4s lipos for 200.00 and i think thats a hard deal to pass up.. but I'm more a nitro guy then i am electric so its a hard choice.. for 200.00 i can get a pretty nice motor for it i think.. i was thinking maybe that new picco 5tr motor.. has anyone heard of it? i kinda wanna go with a .28 if i do go nitro..

I'm trying to decide this myself as I already have a brushless system I could stick in it but I already conevrted my Losi 8ight buggy so I'm thinking I wanna go nitro with the truggy.

I'm trying to decide this myself as I already have a brushless system I could stick in it but I already conevrted my Losi 8ight buggy so I'm thinking I wanna go nitro with the truggy.

Let us know which way U go with it. I'd like to hear of some nitro set ups. (Motor, pipe)

I'm going nitro...I just bought a Picco P3 .28 for it. Probably gonna have it modded by ERCM and definitely getting an ERCM pipe for it eventually.

got the 8ight t 2.0 and decided to go electric for now.. got a killer deal on mamba monster 2200 setup, some lipos, and a killer servo... just waiting on my esc connector to get soldered from a buddy and it will be ready to go..

3F694622-82D0-4C1E-850C-6874AC14944A-8113-0000061727148404_zps12e26eac.gif

812E393B-47E9-4239-BCE5-0DDE75A87BDD-8113-0000061711E0EB89_zpsa5febb9a.gif

B3030C9E-2268-4137-9A71-F3FBBE810FC8-8113-000006171BF13905_zps00292198.gif

now what tires would u guys suggest for running on pavement and offroad.. (offroad being around the yard on grass and dirt)

Last edited:
On road Id buy either GRPs or Ipanema tires. They are belted and capable of withstanding very high speeds. Its hard to recommend off road tires without knowing the exact surfaces you'll be running on...Theres to many varibles to take into account.

does anyone know much about the mamba monster esc settings? when i hit the brakes it locks the tires up and i dont want it to mess up the diffs.. is there a way to set it up so the tires dont lock up? can it be set so it slowly slows down? i have the drag brake at 20% if that helps

Looks good. There should be a brake % setting. Do you have the Castle Link or the manual (you can do it manually by counting the beeps)?

You used the Losi conversion? What gearing are you running? My 8ight-T should be here tomorrow and conversion kit next week.

no it is a 150.00 bce chassis lol.. it came like that.. this truck is sick... i been driving it a lil bit and all i can say is wow.. I've had e revo brushless and savage flux before and yada yada but this thing is so different.. it handles like its on rails.. for gearing I'm not sure about the spur but i can look into it.. pinion is 15t and motor stays nice and cool.. I'm using a few different packs.. trakpower 4s 60c 5000 mah, gensacearespammers 4s 5000 40c i think.. and a turnigy 4s 30c 5000mah.. its stupid fast on 4s i can't imagine 6s lol..

i got the brakes thing solved i had the setting on the esc set to forward/brake/reverse and i had to have it on reverse lockout.. and i turned down my brake epa to 50% problem solved..

Thanks, with the Losi conversion and chassis I think you can only use a 45T spur with doing some mods so was just wondering what you had. Since you have the BCE chassis it will be different. Thanks though.

So i was wondering if i should replace the mamba monster 2200 with a tekin t8.. Can anyone tell me which one is better for speed and power? And which one i should get? I want to upgrade this truggy but i dont know what to get lol. The mmm is insane but i feel like the tekin might have more to offer? I dunno i might be crazy lol.

Last edited:
Nitro because it's better. Not sure why you would want to set it up brushless and make a sick e truggy out....

I pretty much LOVE my brushless 8ight T... Tekin RX8 / T8 2250.. But.... i also love both my Nitro Truggies too!! I just love truggies in general though lol. i even converted my mini 8ight to a truggy lol..

My Brushless 8ight T...

IMG_2373.jpg

IMG952375.jpg

IMG953655.jpg

IMG955694.jpg

IMG957111.jpg

IMG958384.jpg

My racer for this year, still needs broke in!! Werks b5 engine..

T2eC16JHJIYE9qUcNbwUBRYgQrjw60_12.jpg

T2eC16VHJIIE9qTYKKQfBRYgctvlQ60_12.jpg

T2eC16ZHJGE9nm3q9NnBRYg5RdgQ60_12.jpg

tlrkit.jpg

And my trusty RTR with the stock setup.. Love this thing for every day fun..

2013-03-10_19-34-56_134.jpg

Same here man, just singed for a new one that showed up today!