Looking for new RC car batteries

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miles

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
I have a Traxxas E revo that I am trying to make faster. I am looking for lipo batteries that don't cost much money. I was going to make a part so I could run non-Traxxas batteries. I am also wondering why on a lot of lipo batteries there are two plugs. Also, i'm struggling to find batteries that will fit in my battery tray (80mmx35mmx20mm)lxwxh
1677453467652.png

Last edited:
Welcome in @Miles , there is a ton off videos on Lipo batteries on youtube. The videos will answer all of your questions.
I highly recommend watching the videos or reading up on them.
Lipo's can be your best friend or your worst enemy if you don't learn about them.

Welcome in @Miles , there is a ton off videos on Lipo batteries on youtube. The videos will answer all of your questions.
I highly recommend watching the videos or reading up on them.
Lipo's can be your best friend or your worst enemy if you don't learn about them.
Thank you

I am also wondering why on a lot of lipo batteries there are two plugs

This might be the most important part of your question to answer first. The smaller plug is called a "balance plug", it gives the charger access to the individual cells in the battery. It is very important to always use this plug when charging the battery & only use chargers that are designed for lipos.

Traxxas connectors and chargers integrate that functionality into a single plug. Adapters exist to convert batteries with 2 plugs to the Traxxas style and vice versa, though you'll need to match the "S" value of the adapter and the battery.

"NHX", "Zeee", and "Goldbat" batteries on various online retailers are decent budget brands that deliver on their capacity claims.

You have to make sure your esc is set up for Lipo's and also have a Lipo charger.

This might be the most important part of your question to answer first. The smaller plug is called a "balance plug", it gives the charger access to the individual cells in the battery. It is very important to always use this plug when charging the battery & only use chargers that are designed for lipos.

Traxxas connectors and chargers integrate that functionality into a single plug. Adapters exist to convert batteries with 2 plugs to the Traxxas style and vice versa, though you'll need to match the "S" value of the adapter and the battery.

"NHX", "Zeee", and "Goldbat" batteries on various online retailers are decent budget brands that deliver on their capacity claims.
Thanks so much