Let the body’s hit the floor.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iowa crawler

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
I have been seeing a lot of this going on and spotted an LCG creep that was really low. And I looked at my G Speed crawler with a creep body. I had the body up on body posts because that’s how I always mount them. I love this hobby when smart people think outside the box. This is my best rig. It is the benchmark and my go to rig. I almost never modify it now and test and test each thing so I don’t mess it up.
Well now my best crawler got the body dropped 10mm. Nothing else changed. Just put the shock towers through the body and mounted the posts on the frame. It’s actually more solid because the body is on the frame.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    417 KB · Views: 75
  • C46712FC-4219-4BE9-9416-F7F31535DF7E.jpeg
    C46712FC-4219-4BE9-9416-F7F31535DF7E.jpeg
    271.6 KB · Views: 48
I like it!! I want it!!!

GSpeed V3 chassis
TGH 2.Low transmission
Hardcore links. I’m running about 315mm of wheel base and a Vader skid. And servo on axle.
90mm Delux shocks
Castle motor
Copperhead ESC
AR44 axles add a little brass to get a 60/40 balance and top it off with a JConceps creep body.
The frame comes in a bunch of colors now.

This is a link to the basic chassis. In be happy to help pick out the other stuff. You can use an old SCX10ii or element and build a g speed rig.

https://gspeedchassis.com/collections/tgh-v3-products

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    440.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Love the song. 🤣😂 that green truck is sick. I would change a few things, but overall workable.

What Kv are you running?

I got the same one. Great climber and one hell of a puller. I'm using 3s. Gonna look at 4s soon.

What brand of brass are you running? Thats my next upgrade. I'm leaning towards strc, maybe treal.

That site has alot of georgous parts!

I got the same one. Great climber and one hell of a puller. I'm using 3s. Gonna look at 4s soon.

What brand of brass are you running? Thats my next upgrade. I'm leaning towards strc, maybe treal.

That site has alot of georgous parts!
I have STRC and Treal parts. Both have some very good machined products. Doubt you could go wrong with either, but Treal stuff is prettier 😉

I have been using Yeah Racing brass and mostly eBay axle housing. I am definitely looking at getting some “good “axles. I push junk pretty far but you get what you pay for.

I tried 4 s and was not impressed it was a little faster but for crawling it was just a bigger battery than I have room for. I use 4s in my 6X6.

Attachments

• 5E98D48A-37A0-4BBF-A835-D0F0E8B64066.jpeg
    5E98D48A-37A0-4BBF-A835-D0F0E8B64066.jpeg
    249.3 KB · Views: 33
I have STRC and Treal parts. Both have some very good machined products. Doubt you could go wrong with either, but Treal stuff is prettier 😉
Strc has more axial scx10 parts. I agree with the pretty on Treal. Love the black with machined metal colors on edges. Looks like a truck with black aluminum wheels with natural aluminum accents. 😁😎

I take mine for walks. When I do I usually want some wheel speed mostly to spin around. Thats why I want 4s. For a cruise or crawl 3s is fine, just want to play with volts and ratios. I also drift around on a slick floor, lets say 200x200 feet.

I have the ax10 tranny. I bored out the motor plate to fit a larger pinion. With that 22 or 24? Pinion, I can pull a 35-40Ibs dolley with ease, the whole throttle range, but can get 10-15, maybe 18 mph.

I have been seeing a lot of this going on and spotted an LCG creep that was really low. And I looked at my G Speed crawler with a creep body. I had the body up on body posts because that’s how I always mount them. I love this hobby when smart people think outside the box. This is my best rig. It is the benchmark and my go to rig. I almost never modify it now and test and test each thing so I don’t mess it up.
Well now my best crawler got the body dropped 10mm. Nothing else changed. Just put the shock towers through the body and mounted the posts on the frame. It’s actually more solid because the body is on the frame.
That truck looks awesome.

This G speed V3 has been my best crawler. And it set the bar pretty high. Started with the Cliffhanger body. It this creep body is light and narrow.
This rig is getting a little long in the tooth since I pushed it pretty hard last year and now the G shot is equal or better I decided to push this in a different direction.
I’m going to go super light weight without sacrificing durability. The rocks are relentless but lighter rig is better in most cases and a power drop is the first sacrifice.

I swapped out the brushless Copperhead system for a Hobbywing 1080. That saved 100 grams and I replaced the rear axle housing with plastic for at least fifty more. Lighter wheels shorter shocks lighter spring all add together to about 165 +/- grams of dead weight removed. And I still need a smaller battery. Most of the weight is from the rear or center of the chassis. So it shifted the CG dramatically forward.

Attachments

• 1088F0DA-E6D0-4131-8399-6EE8C4820314.jpeg
    1088F0DA-E6D0-4131-8399-6EE8C4820314.jpeg
    456.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 5D3D5DFF-0557-4721-825E-13CB35DD83E5.jpeg
    5D3D5DFF-0557-4721-825E-13CB35DD83E5.jpeg
    522.2 KB · Views: 32
This thing is wired. 3 inch of articulation. I have not taken it out yet but what I have done is interesting. It has a much better side hilling and can get up on it side like nothing else. I’m not sure how it will crawl. I thing it will require different technique, But it should be pretty good.
Any suggestions on a super light power system that can handle heat. I have a copperhead. And my mini outrunner just went up in smoke.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    657.4 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    566.2 KB · Views: 22
This thing is wired. 3 inch of articulation. I have not taken it out yet but what I have done is interesting. It has a much better side hilling and can get up on it side like nothing else. I’m not sure how it will crawl. I thing it will require different technique, But it should be pretty good.
Any suggestions on a super light power system that can handle heat. I have a copperhead. And my mini outrunner just went up in smoke.
Damn homie that thing lookin TIGHT!!!! Still hate the song tho🤣🤣

I kinda like it. It's rap music, if ya wanna call it music, that I really hate.

@Iowa crawler - does Furitek make anything capable of pushing it? I mean, that little Komodo motor they have is way overpowered for a 1/24 scale from what I have seen. If going for extreme weight loss, I might be tempted to give it a shot in a 1/10 rig.

@Iowa crawler - does Furitek make anything capable of pushing it? I mean, that little Komodo motor they have is way overpowered for a 1/24 scale from what I have seen. If going for extreme weight loss, I might be tempted to give it a shot in a 1/10 rig.
Woah.............hold up. Allow me ;).

I think they are two small. This rig is at 4.5 lb and that’s not super light. I want reliability and durability so I’m thinking crawlmaster mini or sidewinder micro and then use a direct power servo. Maybe a revolver motor

Got this low center of gravity rig finished for the comp tomorrow. Not sure how it will do. This rig is lower than anything I have ever run. Looking forward tomorrow’s comp.

Attachments

• 27D05DEB-0821-41DD-9CC2-29B68DF5DF98.jpeg
    27D05DEB-0821-41DD-9CC2-29B68DF5DF98.jpeg
    340.2 KB · Views: 24
Took this thing out today and had good and better time. I got to the comp early and went through all the tough obstacles. It aced them all. It is totally suited for this area. The super low CG is better than ground clearance. But I have a puller pro3500 motor and Mamba X . I was doing some stupid stuff and knocked my ESC loose. This unplugged my motor. And I forgot to turn on the drag brake. So during the competition I had terrible cogging and it would not stay in place .I still did ok and later did the bonus climb but it would have done a lot better. Still had a blast

I have been getting the feeling my tires are not as good as they can be. Tires are an expensive thing and foams add to it and I know they are the most important part of the comp rig tuning. But it’s complicated and expensive and I have just tried to use Hyrax predator compound with stock foams and I’ve tried some other foams. It all is pretty good and I get buy. But now I have gotten this rig to a performance level that showed the tire weakness. So I went to the hobby shop and talked to the guys that know. I ended up with these proline Trenchers and some single stage foams.

First test is my climb six that this thing struggled with because it is very low . It just about drove up it. Then I did the corse . I did not video it because there is already a video of this and you can see it go along the top of my rock wall. At about the middle I can hang the tire off and go along the wall. That makes the transition to the next rock fun. Every time I test a rig I try to hang the whole rig off the face of the rock and make the transition. Nothing has ever come close . Even this rig with the old tires could not get past the half way point.
This thing just upped my game.

Back