new guy ? about crawlers and aftermarket

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Traxxas Sport. :cool: Will crawl like a bastard. Under 400. :thumbs-up:. Now I want a rift. 🤣

Last edited:
sweet picking up a crawler today, trading one of my vr headsets for it will post pics when i get back so you guys can let me know if i got burnt
Come on bro, I really need to get back in the water, waiting on pics. :p

200.gif

Come on bro, I really need to get back in the water, waiting on pics. :p

View attachment 181610
thats how i looked in the walmart parking lot for 3 hours wasting my evening smh guy never showed kept messeging but didnt show . bummed severley

thats how i looked in the walmart parking lot for 3 hours wasting my evening smh guy never showed kept messeging but didnt show . bummed severley

If he is that flakey, you probably dodged a bullet.

i agree i just told my wife I'm gonna get a vanquish the silver stance. it seems to be the one id like most until i build my own kit
About the only real issue with the Vanquish Stance is they went with smaller dia links... they're bending easily or so I've read. you can get the links from a Carbon Kit as an upgrade. I really liked the Carbon kit but I already had a plan on what motor, esc and servo I wanted to run. Any of the Phoenix rtr would also be a good choice
carbon-falken.jpg

what do you guys think about the
Element RC Enduro Ecto Trail Truck 4x4 RTR 1/10 Rock Crawler
I've seen a few trail runs with it and i kinda like it, is it quality?
s-l1600.jpg
i see it has a
  • Water Resistant Reedy Power ESC
  • shoul i go for waterproof? i 100% will be in creeks getting it very wet, not like submarine wet but driving thru water wet. would that make this a sub par option out of the box?

what do you guys think about the
Element RC Enduro Ecto Trail Truck 4x4 RTR 1/10 Rock Crawler
I've seen a few trail runs with it and i kinda like it, is it quality?View attachment 181738i see it has a
  • Water Resistant Reedy Power ESC
  • shoul i go for waterproof? i 100% will be in creeks getting it very wet, not like submarine wet but driving thru water wet. would that make this a sub par option out of the box?
If I am not mistaken, they used to be the Associated Element. Then somewhere along the way Element became the brand name. Maybe @Doom! can clarify this. Associated makes nice stuff.

It does use Reedy electronics, which are Associated brand, and that's always been pretty decent stuff.

Regardless, I've never heard anyone complain about their Element trucks. I do know Doom loves his.

If I am not mistaken, they used to be the Associated Element. Then somewhere along the way Element became the brand name. Maybe @Doom! can clarify this. Associated makes nice stuff.

It does use Reedy electronics, which are Associated brand, and that's always been pretty decent stuff.

Regardless, I've never heard anyone complain about their Element trucks. I do know Doom loves his.

AE is Associated Electrics. Element is their crawler/trail truck branding. Their racing stuff is branded under Associated Electrics/AE

As stated, I really like my Ecto, very capable straight out of the box. You can see my ECTO build HERE

AE is Associated Electrics. Element is their crawler/trail truck branding. Their racing stuff is branded under Associated Electrics/AE

As stated, I really like my Ecto, very capable straight out of the box. You can see my ECTO build HERE
I seem to remember looking at the Element truck you bought (your first one) and it showed AE on the listing for it on Tower Hobbies. Back then I thought Element was just the model name.

i knew none of this and its interesting to learn, why do they remarket different divisions like that? does it make it more simple to streamline looking for parts? since I'm for instance looking for say tires. since I'm looking for crawler tires i would look under enduro website to not see as many say racing tires? or is it to make me confused so i make more accidental purchases?

AE is Associated Electrics
Oh, I see what you were thinking. You thought I was thinking AE stood for Associated Element. But no, I meant I thought the element trucks were listed as Associated Electrics Element (sub name here). I've been an AE fan since the RC10, so yeah, I knew what AE was ;)

i knew none of this and its interesting to learn, why do they remarket different divisions like that? does it make it more simple to streamline looking for parts? since I'm for instance looking for say tires. since I'm looking for crawler tires i would look under enduro website to not see as many say racing tires? or is it to make me confused so i make more accidental purchases?

Just like any business I'm sure it's easier to keep thing organized by divisions. It for sure makes it easier to find the right items, if you don't have to look through every item they make.

Go with the red cat asscent its cheaper and for the money I haven't heard any complaints. I've watched a ton of videos on them but I don't own one yet. I have the axial scx10, and love that rig too.

Go with the red cat asscent its cheaper and for the money I haven't heard any complaints. I've watched a ton of videos on them but I don't own one yet. I have the axial scx10, and love that rig too.
the axial all seem so cool

Back