Kraton 8S - First Run... What A Beast!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
poop I miss those days 140 in real cars. I’m to old for that now days.
never too old man! I still get out in my 700HP Chally and terrorize the town and/or highway occasionally :)

I try say same thing. Me I’ll get in to much trouble anymore. Let’s just say and I’ll say this my wife and I met me illegal street racing crashed real bad. She thought I died or got hurt real bad. And I’m not talking import or these staged street outlaws real poop. And years down the road she asked me hey that was you I said yes babe it was me. Then she gets in a fluke of a accident Paralyze C5-C6. This no lie and can prove anything.. It’s been rough times but she’s still my lady always will be. So for short note life can take you so quick rather it’s ur stupidity or just wrong place at the wrong time. I have my wife and my kids that’s all that matters.

I will never say I miss it or just enjoying the smell of race fuel or Alcohol. I can tell you pretty much what octane fuel someone is running in front of me or on the road. Not talking your premium gas ⛽️ BS

She said that cuz I hit myself in the damn foot with the kit and it damn near knocked my fat ass down lol. Needless to say I got a bit of a limp today 🤣 🤣 🤣
This is probably why the first owner sold it. That car is evil! Bites the hands that feeds it. Well, actually, that was your own hand that bit of you 😁

Cool video, thanks for sharing. I want one...

I try say same thing. Me I’ll get in to much trouble anymore. Let’s just say and I’ll say this my wife and I met me illegal street racing crashed real bad. She thought I died or got hurt real bad. And I’m not talking import or these staged street outlaws real poop. And years down the road she asked me hey that was you I said yes babe it was me. Then she gets in a fluke of a accident Paralyze C5-C6. This no lie and can prove anything.. It’s been rough times but she’s still my lady always will be. So for short note life can take you so quick rather it’s ur stupidity or just wrong place at the wrong time. I have my wife and my kids that’s all that matters.
Ahhhh yeah, I remember you telling me about what happened to your wife. I get that wife and your kids are more important. My wife and I dont have any kids so even though I'm 47 I still act (or try to act) like I'm 27 :)

I dont race a whole lot but every now and again I'll get out with the guys and do some digs or some roll races. Some of the guys I run with though...They live for that stuff. Most of the time we just tear ass around town raisin' a little hell. Not tooooo much but some lol

Definitely doable but unfortunately I have other issues I have to deal with financially. I do however have a Rovan Baja 5b with the shorty kit that is a absolute kick in the arse. I take it out to the sand dunes..

Definitely doable but unfortunately I have other issues I have to deal with financially. I do however have a Rovan Baja 5b with the shorty kit that is a absolute kick in the arse. I take it out to the sand dunes..
I've thought a lot about buying one of those before. Theyre supposed to be like a 95% clone of the HPI 1/5 buggy right?

As far as I know , yes. I haven't had a single issue with it either.
I installed the shorty kit so it wheelies pretty awesome and also installed the kit that allows a driver starter bit. "I can'r remember the name of the part".
The dual exhaust also is pretty cool however it comes out of the manifold single.
EDIT: A couple more things I forgot to mention, I installed wheel hub extensions and a remote kill switch "as must have".
Hopefully some time this fall I want to buy a O'neill Brothers 34cc reed engine

IMG_1007.JPG
IMG_1008.JPG

Last edited:
As far as I know , yes. I haven't had a single issue with it either.
I installed the shorty kit so it wheelies pretty awesome and also installed the kit that allows a driver starter bit. "I can'r remember the name of the part".
The dual exhaust also is pretty cool however it comes out of the manifold single.
EDIT: A couple more things I forgot to mention, I installed wheel hub extensions and a remote kill switch "as must have".
Hopefully some time this fall I want to buy a O'neill Brothers 34cc reed engine

View attachment 127405View attachment 127406
Nice! I could definitely see myself with one of these :)

I've been looking for a set of aluminum wheels but everybody is out of stock other than a set of spider web wheels but I don't really care for them.