Just Couldn't Resists! 2.0

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favorite color is red so I hope so

I've really been bitten by the scale crawler bug! Picked up a Redcat Gen8 V2, and ever since really haven't had a need for speed. The Arrma Granite and Slash has seen much action. Not that I'm done with it, just loving the scale crawling thing at the moment. I'm certain I'll get that itch for speed again, soon enough.
Anyway, a month after spontaneously picking up the Redcat, I just ordered up another scaler. Just got it this morning.

Let's play, guess what's in the box.

Clue: got it from Amain Hobbies
View attachment 127756
I'm suffering from crawler envy, and the SCX10 is the reason. Congrats...

Of the 3 available colors for the RTR, this color just called to me!
0605211102.jpg

0605211101c.jpg

0605211104b.jpg

0605211107b.jpg

I did a short run with it today, and it is impressive! Much smoother than the G8V2, and I didn't feel that its top heavy at all. I hear some YouTubers griping about top heaviness and such, and I'm thinking, why do you expect a scale crawler to perform like a comp crawler?

My excuse for buying another scale crawler is that I will have another vehicle to use when the Redcat will eventually be down for service. Yep, I convinced myself! ☺️

I really like the scale crawlers. I have been pretty happy with the Sendero, I have started saving for my next rig already, not sure which it will be. I might still pull thre trigger on the ScX10, Also kind of intrigued by the new Element Ecto. I'm secretly hoping I can get the wife to play too, if not it will still be good to have two rigs. Win, win! :)

The crawling performance of the Wrangler is excellent, right out of the box! I don't want to sacrifice too much of the performance, but I really like the look of the spare tire hanging on the back.
I found a solution to have both!
0627211456_Burst02.jpg

The crawling performance of the Wrangler is excellent, right out of the box! I don't want to sacrifice too much of the performance, but I really like the look of the spare tire hanging on the back.
I found a solution to have both!
So, what did I do?

A mach spare tire! I stuffed a tire foam into the cover, ShooGoo a section of pipe insulation to the back of the Jeep.....and voila!
0627212017.jpg

0627212016b.jpg

With this Jeep already crawling so well, I decided to add just a bit of weight up front. Tested it out today with the TRX4 Defender's stock wheels and tires, and it actually showed improvements. Especially, on side hilling.
0627211443a.jpg
0627211455a.jpg
0627211505d.jpg
0627211507e.jpg
0627211507b.jpg

Now your gonna have to move that license plate, don't want to get a ticket. The spare looks great without much weight. Nice! :thumbs-up:

Back