It is getting so nice out.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sooooo jealous!! It just won’t quit F’n snowing around here. 🤬🤬🤬
I’m beginning to develop a deep seasonal depression.. 😭

Took this just now.
81D29226-83B8-4F3B-BDED-14B1AAC1504C.jpeg

I don't miss snow at all but unfortunately, we received very little this winter. It's not going to be a good year for the reservoirs.
Owyhee reservoir is where we are going tomorrow and it is already 55 ft below full.

I don't miss snow at all but unfortunately, we received very little this winter. It's not going to be a good year for the reservoirs.
Owyhee reservoir is where we are going tomorrow and it is already 55 ft below full.
Concentrated fishing. Always look on the bright side brother 😉

The reservoir is 52 miles long. I have yet to be in a boat and run the whole length. Hard to do in a kayak...:p

This last Friday I was out kayaking in beautiful weather. Today it is snowing as we speak...:mad:
Wow. That happens here too though. We were well into the 70's for a few days, then back to the 30's and 40's.

Sucks when mother nature throws those teasers at you then takes them away. We are in the opposite situation. We went from 98 to 80, next Monday is supposed to be 54. I'll take what I can get get right now, because I know we are in for 3 months in the 100's soon.

I don't miss hot weather but I can dump my kayak over and keep cool. I'll take it over cold weather anytime.

Sucks when mother nature throws those teasers at you then takes them away. We are in the opposite situation. We went from 98 to 80, next Monday is supposed to be 54. I'll take what I can get get right now, because I know we are in for 3 months in the 100's soon.
These ups and downs kill our mushroom hunting seasons here. I can't hunt them anymore, but we live in primo Morel country. They sell for well over $100/pound for fresh ones. I haven't eaten any for a number of years, and I miss them. But it takes a few days of the temps staying above 60° at night for them to show up. But when it gets really warm, then cold again, it seems to kill them off a bit.

These ups and downs kill our mushroom hunting seasons here. I can't hunt them anymore, but we live in primo Morel country. They sell for well over $100/pound for fresh ones. I haven't eaten any for a number of years, and I miss them. But it takes a few days of the temps staying above 60° at night for them to show up. But when it gets really warm, then cold again, it seems to kill them off a bit.
I love spending time in the woods, and have always thought that mushroom hunting would be right up my alley. Of course, you've got to absolutely know how to identify these things, and being short attention spanned me, it'll probably never come to fruition 🙄

Last edited:
I so live in the wrong part of the country. I love nature but it's hard to be out for any amount of time when it's 100+ sucks when the overnight low is 80 degrees. that's why I love winter here, it's the equivalent of most peoples fall. I don't miss freezing temps but sure could do without blistering heat.

I love spending time in the woods, and have always thought that mushroom hunting would be right up my alley. Of course, you've got to absolutely know how to identify these things, and being short attention spanned me, it'll probably never come to fruition 🙄
Once you see your first one, you get tuned into them. I tripped over sticks one time, and looked back as I was falling and saw an 8" tall morel standing there. You just gotta see that first one.

Once you see your first one, you get tuned into them. I tripped over sticks one time, and looked back as I was falling and saw an 8" tall morel standing there. You just gotta see that first one.
I'm not just talking about Morels, but shrooms in general. There are just way too many poisonous lookalikes our there for my comfort.

I'm not just talking about Morels, but shrooms in general. There are just way too many poisonous lookalikes our there for my comfort.
Oh, morels look like no other. You know them when you see them. But you would be surprised how many edible shrooms there are in the US. And they all taste fantastic.

We have them around here also but I don't like mushrooms.