is nitro really going away

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its easy to make 1/8 scale electric buggies go 100+. The Rustler on the other hand is another story entirely. I think I'm about done with the quest. In fact I'm thinking about waterproofing my MMM and putting paddle tires on the back and skis in the front and seeing how ridiculous it is lol...IDK though Id probably just end up breaking it again lol.

^that was my point, it's too easy. now what? lol
I had fun making it go super fast though, may just gear it down and bash it around but it's too quiet :p

I started off rock crawling and trail running ( electric ). Did that for a year, then I wanted something with some speed behind it. Could of went electric, but I wanted something with an engine and decided upon a Slayer Pro 4x4. Gotta say, the speed that comes out of the box along with the roar of the engine and the smell of nitro has got me hooked! I can totally myself buying a few more nitros in the coming year. Next will be an HPI truggy 4.6 I think...

I have been out of the hobby for some time now and i just back in to it with my savage 4.6. But i have been reading how nitro is not going to be around much longer. I hope this is not true i love nitros tuning fixing all of it i hope the companies will remember the ones who like nitro over electric and continue to make them and improve them. Just hope it never goes away.
hey i have no clue if this page still runs but if it does I'm new to the rc scene i want to get into rc drifting but then something caught my eye in one of the comps i was watching i saw a tank on an rc get filled with blue liquid and its 2021 now i think now that I've seen this forum that was a nitro rc car I'm pretty sure what you wanted to happen and now nitro RC cars are as loved as they were back then i hope yall could give me some suggestions on how to make a great first purchase on a nitro rc car for beginning i know they can cost some and more if you dont know what you are doing i could ruin my first rc and i dont want to

hey i have no clue if this page still runs but if it does I'm new to the rc scene i want to get into rc drifting but then something caught my eye in one of the comps i was watching i saw a tank on an rc get filled with blue liquid and its 2021 now i think now that I've seen this forum that was a nitro rc car I'm pretty sure what you wanted to happen and now nitro RC cars are as loved as they were back then i hope yall could give me some suggestions on how to make a great first purchase on a nitro rc car for beginning i know they can cost some and more if you dont know what you are doing i could ruin my first rc and i dont want to

I can't speak much for what a good on-road nitro car would be, I'm more into the monster truck scene myself. Nitro is definitely still big in on-road and off road(buggy/truggy) racing, but not so much in the "mainstream", nothing like the TMaxx era where everyone was running nitro(though there are still a good amount of people bashing TMaxx's and Savages to this day). Nitro seems to have had some uptick though more recently, and Kyosho is set to release it's USA-1 solid axle nitro truck in a month which is pretty big news for nitro fans.

Sometimes my nitro goes away
and sometimes it goes toward me

On road?
kyo33214.jpg
kyo33209.jpg

kyo33208.jpg
Right now most everything is backordered.

Are you looking for a nitro drift car? I dont think thats very common, if it exists at all.

You should start your own post so you can get more answers. This thread you posted on was from 2012.

Are you looking for a nitro drift car? I dont think thats very common, if it exists at all.

You should start your own post so you can get more answers. This thread you posted on was from 2012.
Electric is probably more useful for a drift car, to have instant torque when you need it. Nitro needs to be moving at a decent speed to keep cool, which "rc drifting" doesn't do a lot of. Kind of like having a nitro crawler. I'm not saying you couldn't, just saying for drifting, electric may be better suited.

I still have a couple nitro MT's... but they sit. I think I ran them once or twice last year, just to say I ran them. lol! It is fun to get one out once in a while though and rip through 500cc's of fuel.

I dont know. This is a pretty awesome drifter though I am not good at it.
IMG_6614-M.jpg

I dont think it would win a competition but it's a lot of fun. Slow down and dart around a corner or slide it through on the power. I have never got the suspension completely worked out. It has 2 much body roll and can catch the bottom edge of the shell if you arent careful. Then it flips and rolls.

I dont know. This is a pretty awesome drifter though I am not good at it.
IMG_6614-M.jpg

I dont think it would win a competition but it's a lot of fun. Slow down and dart around a corner or slide it through on the power. I have never got the suspension completely worked out. It has 2 much body roll and can catch the bottom edge of the shell if you arent careful. Then it flips and rolls.
That's a nice looking car. What is it?

Your way of thinking is idiotic. Ove wrenched on more full sized rigs, and done extensive modifications to over 30 1:1 offroad rigs in the past year alone, yet I feel electric is 10x better than nitro in power, speed, torque, and all around strength. You don't think so? I'll race anything you got with my 2wd electric MT on any terrain.
I would love to race your car. I have the Revo 3.3 with the HPI K 5.9 with a super charger from RD innovations, and the 3 speed with reverse trans from enginesDIY. my rig will hit 125 mph on paved streets but i have to add lead weights to keep the front down or is will just flip the car.