is nitro really going away

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nitro for me.... sure you may get a bit more power with a lipo set up but I just can't bring myself to have a bash truck that sound's like a hair dryer LOL

I have nitro and electric helis, cars and trucks. All look equally good on the shelf. :p:

I have a few to but I found out I can fly my MT's better LOL

And my OL just said she want's a stampede VXL Brushless set up ... can you belive that.. Brushless she saids.. looks like I may be trying one after all .. you no just to make sure it's up to spec's LOL

and hey man why every one all we's picking on you all the time
I got your back Bro :hehe:

Your way of thinking is idiotic. Ove wrenched on more full sized rigs, and done extensive modifications to over 30 1:1 offroad rigs in the past year alone, yet I feel electric is 10x better than nitro in power, speed, torque, and all around strength. You don't think so? I'll race anything you got with my 2wd electric MT on any terrain.

bring your 2wd electric to MN and race me in the snow !! LOL !:D( kidding Alpine you would smoke my nitro)!

i have both and find each to have it's own good qualities, i like my electrics when i dont want to mess with the Nitro, and other times i love the smell and sound of the nitro ! i can't fix anything on my chevy truck without taking it to a real mechanic, but i can tear my nitro apart in my sleep ! to each his own, wrenching on real truck doesn't make you any more of a good nitro mechanic, than being an electrician makes you a good rc electric guy ! this debate will never be won as it all comes down to personal choice ! i hope that nitro never goes away, and i don think it will, but today's electrics are just too good, fast and easy to ignore !

Last edited:
Nitro seems to still be the biggest class (1/8 offroad) of racing in the world atm so I don't think it will be going anywhere to soon. I read about more nitro 1/8 offroad events than I do any other so it must be still pretty popular. Yes electric is faster but speed isn't everything, & tuning an engine is half the fun. I'm sticking with nitro.

Nitro will always have those unique things electric can't provide.
that being said I have both and I love running the electric for the no fuss charge and go thing and it's incredibly fast.
But I turn around when the battery is dead and start up my nitro buggy and make noise and smoke and tune!! can't replace that!
I also modify my own engines so that is always fun to do.

I like the thought of electric, but I feel less like a tool when I'm out running my trucks and they at least sound like a grown ups toy.

Nothing against you guys running electric as I know the speed/torque of a decent brushless rig will never be matched by nitro.

I'm waiting for that savage gasser! I got the 5B, but it's just too big for anywhere I run and since I store it inside... the 1:1 pump gas smell lingers. I haven't run my baja in about a year... just sits on the shelf.

Sounds like a certain mod's Savage.....

For me, still go for nitro. Once you tune and it runs great it gives more rewarding. I love the sound and more realistic.

Sounds like a certain mod's Savage.....

Pretty sure mine is more dirty... it may be on the shelf, but it's easy to tell was clearly used under it's own power at some point. :)

Not like that other guy that pushes them around in a padded sterilized room going "Vroom Vroom.. Vroom Vroom".

Nitro's not going anywhere. As previously mentioned, the top class in the all the big international off road events is still 1/8 nitro buggy, and it's going strong.

As for me personally, I have both, and enjoy both. But I'm slowly getting rid of my 'fast' electrics(keeping the scaler and crawler) and will keep buying nitros. A properly set up/geared/tuned nitro can do backflips and wheelies just like any lipo/BL rig. And I've owned those types of BL/Lipo rigs. They are fast and fun, but almost....'too easy' for me. No skill required to turn a switch on.

But with nitro, to get to the point to where running nitros all day without a hiccup, or tuning issues, or, running around worrying about 'temping' the engine every other pass - alot of guys don't have that patience. I do, but I've long been at that point. I find nitro as easy as electric. Fuel it, start it, and play all day. :)

But each to their own. Hey - if you wanna run it with a hamster wheel or solar power, more power to you.

^^^great post man u took the words right out of my head,^^^...for me the only upside to electric is the fact that there quiet which helps greatly with those"late night bashing sessions"especially when ya gotta be a lil sneaky,lol and no oil mess can be nice,but i love my nitros and will always be one of the many gearheads that supports nitro rc

I'm fairly new to the rc world but grew up a block away from a guy who had his own shed of rc planes coptors trucks boats you name it.....none electric......no offense to electric guys but come on how can u resist the sound and smell of the nitro ya its more maintenence but wat fun is in it when u jus plug n go lol nitro all the way

I'm fairly new to the rc world but grew up a block away from a guy who had his own shed of rc planes coptors trucks boats you name it.....none electric......no offense to electric guys but come on how can u resist the sound and smell of the nitro ya its more maintenence but wat fun is in it when u jus plug n go lol nitro all the way

When you can plug In, tune out, and have a poop ton of on demand power.

I bought an electric 1/8 buggy to go fast, went 112mph like it was to easy.
So that project is done, now what? lol I haven't touched it in months.

I thought it was going to be like something I would work on for a while and try different things but it was just too easy. So back to the nitro fun!

I bought an electric 1/8 buggy to go fast, went 112mph like it was to easy.
So that project is done, now what? lol I haven't touched it in months.

I thought it was going to be like something I would work on for a while and try different things but it was just too easy. So back to the nitro fun!

112MPH??????? Come on now! Did you get your radar gun on Ebay?

112MPH??????? Come on now! Did you get your radar gun on Ebay?

pfft radar? GPS baby :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td61RAr6E7I"]Ofna LX2E 100-112 mph on 6s w/ castle 1515-2200kv motor! - YouTube[/ame]

like i said nothing against electric but I'm more hands on tinker kinda guy jus thinks its funner