Is anybody else's hobby MTBs (Mountain Bikes)?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Chubaka nice find digging up this old thread.
You’ve got quite the project staring at you with that trike. Good luck!

This is our family cargo bike. Kids love it. We don’t really take it mountain biking, though. There are other bikes for that kind of fun!

View attachment 179424
Thanks. It's putting s dent in my rc funds. 😝

Is yours electric assist? This trike may find an 80cc or brushless and lipo power plant one day.

not me. I'm lazy. i dont trust you healthy people. riding bikes. jogging. excersise..... just can't trust yall. what are you prepping for that i dont know about???!!!
Bike can get you farther with less work then walking and running. Less chance of police attention too. I don't trust runners. 😁🫠

Bike can get you farther with less work then walking and running. Less chance of police attention too. I don't trust runners. 😁🫠
Yeah I am same way I almost trust a bicyclist they move along lol
Not AS sketchy as those runners....
We have a bike scenic route I drive often that usually has small groups of cyclists on it
I like when jrks get all impatient and try to pass em poor bike guys bet that's scary as hell
Getting passed by cars
Cool hobby tho ngl just oof so much work 🙃

not me. I'm lazy. i dont trust you healthy people. riding bikes. jogging. excersise..... just can't trust yall. what are you prepping for that i dont know about???!!!
For me, it's removing a nail or two from my coffin. Delaying final lock down so to speak.

I'm wondering if anybody else rides/likes MTBs on this forum? I know that @HPIguy (not to call you out!) used to like them (not sure if he still does). So again, does anyone work on MTBs, ride them, or even maybe work in a bike shop? I think it goes without saying that I ride MTB and work on mine!

Edit: Probably should have said this earlier, but I have a Co-op DRT 1.1 (the ether colored version, the paint is very nice IRL). Not the fanciest by any means, it's pretty basic, but get's the job done.
Yes but if I'm honest, only because my son is. I've just got a Jamis Highpoint hardtail trail bike but my son has a really nice bike. It's a 2023 Trek Fuel EX 9.7. Full fox suspension, CF frame, drop post, Cushcore etc.

We mostly do downhill tracks. My son is braver than me. I'm too old and it scares me. I also hit the ground harder 🤣

1000004076.jpg

1000004081.jpg

1000003355.jpg

1000003348.jpg

1000003354.jpg

Last edited:
Yes but if I'm honest, only because my son is. I've just got a Jamis Highpoint hardtail trail bike but my son has a really nice bike. It's a 2022 Trek Fuel EX 8. Full fox suspension, CF frame, drop post, Cushcore etc.

We mostly do downhill tracks. My son is braver than me. I'm too old and it scares me. I also hit the ground harder 🤣

View attachment 188440

View attachment 188441
View attachment 188443
View attachment 188444
View attachment 188445
He needs a gopro. Awesome spot.

Back