Iowa City Comp Crawlers

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iowa crawler

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
Tonight is the first day without any snow or rain. And it’s 50 degrees. So tonight is the first meeting of the comp crawlers group.

The group is called Iowa Comp Crawlers.

It’s basically on Facebook and has 12 members. This is a very informal group and we are going to use SORRCA lite rules.

I figured this thread might help people in the south east Iowa area that want to crawl in a competition oriented group.

We plan to have competitions and meetups on the weekends for practice.

I’ll post up photos

Sweet have fun! I'm not much into scalers but rather pro comps, they were always a blast.

Do you mean the motor on axle crawlers with skinny tires? I so want to test one of those out on my local area.

I was just thinking I wish there was somethinh near me like this. We do have a couple really nice race tracks, but that's across yown from me.

@Iowa crawler yeah either MOA or back then a comp built shafty with dig. Nothing scale about them, just pure performance based. Either way though it will be a fun time.

The area looks pretty good for a comp.

Long line of wet smooth round rocks. It will be a challenge to set up a corse that is both fun and challenging. I need to crawl here more often to get a feel for it.

Attachments

• 8CE8F4DC-4276-4B08-85AF-0BD191DE3503.jpeg
    8CE8F4DC-4276-4B08-85AF-0BD191DE3503.jpeg
    868.3 KB · Views: 54
Tonight was the first get together of the Iowa city comp crawlers. Just kinda look over the park and figure out a corse. It all looks good and we are set for may 7

Attachments

• EB2E28AE-7FBA-4D94-88D9-DA0E06F9C592.jpeg
    EB2E28AE-7FBA-4D94-88D9-DA0E06F9C592.jpeg
    290 KB · Views: 40
Never played follow the leader before. We had a train of four trucks going over everything in sight.

I saw a cool RC event. They had a table about a foot off the ground, put trucks all the way around the circle, then had a sumo wrestling type competition til the last truck was on the table. It was really cool. Hard on the drivetrain, but I laughed my ass off watching it.

My first thought was a brassed out Traxxas and then suddenly I had the realization why Sumo Wrestlers are so big. Amazing athletes and there weight is the mass they are moving at you. Never thought about it before.

We had our second competition today. There was a pretty good turn out and we ran class 2 and 3. Plus we did our first 1/24 scale run.

Weather was about perfect. We are starting to get a little better with the score keeping. And everyone had a good day.

Attachments

• E1AA1B26-08A0-4DCC-9C0C-72F0A231595E.jpeg
    E1AA1B26-08A0-4DCC-9C0C-72F0A231595E.jpeg
    592.7 KB · Views: 32
Videos are up and there are videos from last week also.

Class2

Class 3

For class 3 we ran the class 2 corse in reverse. It was definitely harder to do backwards.