In the market for a Drone.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. We camp out in the sticks with very few people on either BLM land or Forest service land.
Rarely do we visit State parks.
I did take and pass the Recreational UAS Safely Test (TRUST) Completion Certificate if that makes a difference or not.

Thanks guys. We camp out in the sticks with very few people on either BLM land or Forest service land.
Rarely do we visit State parks.
I did take and pass the Recreational UAS Safely Test (TRUST) Completion Certificate if that makes a difference or not.
If they saw you drive your X-Maxx into that dumpster, and flip your canoe over, they'd not trust you with anything but a Tonka truck in a State supervised sandbox 🤣

Seriously though, my cousin is a complete goofball. If he can fly a DJI, anyone can. I think you only have to be certified or whatever it is with 250g or more. You can't fly them out of line of site, but out there in that bigass sky of yours, that's like miles away. And by the way, I watched a guy fly a Mini 2 nearly 6 miles away in a YT vid. The range of them is just NUTS!

Yeah, I've done some reading on them and have looked through the FAA site.
I'm not worried at all about flying it, I just don't want to have to drop cluster bombs on the police. :p:p:p

Yeah, I've done some reading on them and have looked through the FAA site.
I'm not worried at all about flying it, I just don't want to have to drop cluster bombs on the police. :p:p:p
Oh great. Now the NSA is monitoring us. Drones, cluster bombs, police - you've had it now mister!

The Mavic 2 is the first one my cousin got (used), and that thing is impressive. Then he got the Mini 2 I believe. I really want a Mini, but the one thing that always kept me from buying one, besides the fact I'm poor white trash, is that there is just nothing interesting here I care to see from above. I still think it would be a lot of fun though. I hope you get one so we can see more cool pics and vids of your area there.