In case you were wondering what Arrma's "Gorgon" means.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's something about it that just looks toy grade.

I'm willing to accept the Gorgon for what it is, a truck that looks fun. At this price point I can bash without stress.

I tend to get upgrade fever when I get a new rc, this one will stay stock unless something drastic needs addressing. Sometimes we need to remember to enjoy the simple things. :)

Let us know what you think when you get it Doom. I'm curious as to whether or not aarma changed the way the spur mounts.

On the Granite voltage, the bearing for the spur is supported by the spur cover. That's what makes it a no for me. It's difficult to get correct gear mesh that way. Was for me anyway. I am a little slow sometimes, maybe just me.

Let us know what you think when you get it Doom. I'm curious as to whether or not aarma changed the way the spur mounts.

On the Granite voltage, the bearing for the spur is supported by the spur cover. That's what makes it a no for me. It's difficult to get correct gear mesh that way. Was for me anyway. I am a little slow sometimes, maybe just me.

I have to wait a bit before I can pick one up, but trying to squeeze one in. Had to order a new oven and dishwasher so the rc budget took a healthy hit this month.

I hate it when life interferes with my RC fun

I have to wait a bit before I can pick one up, but trying to squeeze one in. Had to order a new oven and dishwasher so the rc budget took a healthy hit this month.
Home before hobby is always the way to go.
We just got a dishwasher. But we love it.

We love to cook together. No way to change that. :rolex: . Just bought a Bosh. No lookin back now.:cool:

She cooks on the inside, I cook on the grill. We help each other. Either way, I do the dishes. Just the way it is. It works for us. That's why we got a new dishwasher. 🤣

ARA3230S_PP_02.jpg

They put "S. L. Jackson" on the drivers tag. I've been laughing my ass off about that for at least 15 minutes. Arrma has hit a whole new level of troll.
tumblr_09b86356d93cebea88e46edb8312980a_2d585d7f_540.gif

tumblr_4f3847be14164e97cb5eae5c2c7cd77d_38a8e8cc_540.gif

Exocaged did a great breakdown on the Gorgon. It has 22mm wide gears in the transmission. The a-arms are beefy. I'm almost 100% sure Arrma built it with all the intentions of running it brushless. To switch it out doesn't look at all difficult as long as you run a 550 sized can. MAX10 G2 with a 2400kv would be perfect. Slap in your favorite reciever and I'm sure you've got a 40mph monster truck for under $400 bucks.

Last edited:
So are you getting one?
Yup, i want to buy two next week. I plan to leave one for my son, and the other is all mine to tweak. Obviously a brushless swap will be in the works almost immediately.

Back