I'm Traveling To...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZaneC

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Mexico! That's right. I'm leaving Texas to go visit family in Kansas and Colorado, and then Mexico. Sadly, I can only bring one RC car, as my family of six has to fit in a minivan. I think I might bring my TRX-4 Sport. What do y'all think?

Bring all of your cars. Just put your siblings on the roof and they'll be fine. 😆🤪

Would probably find lots of crawler trails for the TRX4 in Colorado.

I found a site a few years ago. Not sure if it's still up but its a map and people put tracks and crawler trails and bash spots on the map. I think it's called rcmap.io. I think that would help out a bit if you need to find a spot. Or Google Earth is always a good place to look around. 😉

You would find more places to run your crawler than the bashers I would think.
Yeah, that's the same thing a friend said.
Bring all of your cars. Just put your siblings on the roof and they'll be fine. 😆🤪

Would probably find lots of crawler trails for the TRX4 in Colorado.

I found a site a few years ago. Not sure if it's still up but its a map and people put tracks and crawler trails and bash spots on the map. I think it's called rcmap.io. I think that would help out a bit if you need to find a spot. Or Google Earth is always a good place to look around. 😉
That map is neat! I searched in the Yucatan area, but there was nothing. ☹️

You would find more places to run your crawler than the bashers I would think.
True. I've been thru Texas, & west Texas, San Antonio & down into Mexico, across the border on foot. Nothing but desert, rocks, & few cactus. Oh & heat. Heat might not be good on some RCs.
*note* The bridge we crossed on foot was the same bridge where the scene in 'No Country for Old Men' was filmed when Llewellyn Moss crosses into Mexico & offers the fella 100 dollars for his coat.

Last edited:
Be safe and don't forget to strap up like a bungee jumper. 🤣

Are there any spares I should bring?

Are there any spares I should bring?
Whatever you plan on breaking. 🤣
Screws, nuts, and tires are good too. Go ahead and pack the radio, battery, and charger as we all forget those.. 🤣

Everything of anything. Lol.

I overpack way too much. When in vacation the other month. I brought my parts bag for the tt02 even though I didn't bring the tt02. It was already in my backpack to begin with so. 🤣

Last year I brought all my carpet tires. Even tho I wasn't going to a carpet track ...

I think I'll bring extra tires and hardware. Other parts I can order from Traxxas. Oh yeah, and I'm also thinking about bringing my RC Sherman tank.

It's still gonna be sad, leaving my Bandit... 😥

True. I've been thru Texas, & west Texas, San Antonio & down into Mexico, across the border on foot. Nothing but desert, rocks, & few cactus. Oh & heat. Heat might not be good on a some RCs.
*note* The bridge we crossed on foot was the same bridge where the scene in 'No Country for Old Men' was filmed when Llewellyn Moss crosses into Mexico & offers the fella 100 dollars for his coat.
I remember the scene, great movie. One of my favs.

I use the Winter Evening bearings. They are just as good as Fast Eddie bearings. They're all made in China anymore, unless you buy from a US based industrial supply.