Battery box required

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roog

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Crawling
  2. Scale Builder
I'm currently building a scratch build and I am thinking about how I am going to fit the 4s/6s battery in my car?

My first thought was to line the metal chassis with 3mm thick foam rubber and fit some metal straps around the battery, but I am worried that metal straps even with thin foam lining might dig into the battery.

So i was wondering if anyone has seen a plastic battery box which I could fit to my car?

The ones I have seen have a shallow tray with velcro straps and say they are for crawler trucks. I am concerned that these might not be secure enough for my 'racer'.
Hopefully no bashing or crashing involved!

Your car looks like it is designed to run counter-clockwise correct? If so, you have a big aluminum backstop. You just need to keep the battery from going front to back and lifting. I'd probably be fine just cutting slots through the chassis and using velcro. If something happens and your car crashes, getting hit by a flying lipo would be the least of my worries 😅

Hi @WickedFog You are quite right, at our little track every one seems to run their car anti-clockwise, so the angle chassis is indeed designed to give the battery support. Maybe I'm just a bit paranoid!

I have some smaller angle to make the 'bookends' these will be bolted in place as you say its just about stopping the battery leaping upwards. I guess metal straps would provide some roll protection too. Not that a car attached by a steel wire is likely to roll, based on my experience of trying to run an IC car in the rain they normally try to spin out at the back and turn in field eventually and quite quickly getting wrapped up in the wire.

With those angles front and rear and the aluminum backstop, you won't need metal straps. Velcro will do fine, and won't cut into your battery.

I would also allow room for neoprene to be stuck down inside your homemade battery tray. I see you already thought of this 😜
Neoprene Rubber Sheet Solid Rubber Strips Roll Pad, Insulation, Anti-Vibration, Anti-Slip, for Weather Stripping, Gasket, Shield, Costume, Seal, DIY (12" Wide X 12" Long, 1/16" (.062") Thick) https://a.co/d/5TQUD7o

Last edited:
Anti-Slip, for Weather Stripping, Gasket, Shield, Costume, Seal, DIY (12" Wide X 12" Long, 1/16" (.062") Thick) https://a.co/d/5TQUD7o

That's the stuff. :0)

@Roog , if you like the idea of the metal straps, you could possibly use shrink tube around the straps.
Good idea @Tunedpipe I'll have to see what I have 'in stock' !
@Roog , if you like the idea of the metal straps, you could possibly use shrink tube around the straps.
Wow @Tunedpipe and @WickedFog that's early input from Idaho and Indiana.

I type stuff into this place expecting a response later on in the evening or the next day here in the UK!

Last edited:
We have a morning crew, afternoon crew, evening crew, and can't get enough crew. :D
I'm glad you didn't mention the "have no life" crew 😉

But I'm a member of the 2 Live Crew anyway 😜

No sir I believe RC and friends are a big part of anybody's life.

Middle of the afternoon here, I was expecting to be stressed out in a client meeting but no one has sent an invite, Yet, oops that's probably done it!
How dare they interrupt RC time!

How dare they interrupt RC time!
Well, quite so.
Thought I'd have a quick look at the set up instructions for the FlySky FS-GT3B I bought for the 'high speed angle iron' OK aluminum.
The quick guide doesn't cover much. I expect I can down load the full manual.
Or perhaps i can find a 12 year old and they can explain it to me.
I have a question, is it possible to up load a video to this site?

Last edited:
Well, quite so.
Thought I'd have a quick look at the set up instructions for the FlySky FS-GT3B I bought for the 'high speed angle iron' OK aluminum.
It's rather easy when you get into it. I suggest watching some YouTube vids on it. Buy if you have questions, a lot of us here have them and will be able to help.

Just make sure you plug your ESC cable into the correct port and right way around.

Bind the Tx and Rx together, then calibrate the ESC.

Then go into the radio settings and setup Model 1. There won't be much you need to change. Maybe reversing of channel two if your motor turns backwards. Then you can play with the EXP maybe, though I doubt you'll need it for your application since you'll likely want the throttle curve to be nice and straight.

Well, quite so.
Would a 14-year-old work? I have one of those radios lol.

Well, quite so.
Yes it's possible, upload it to youtube first and then use the cut and paste from there by clicking the "share" option.

Back