I Have a Question about Brushless ESC's

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

I went ahead and ordered the HW Quicrun 10BL120 Sensored ESC, "I have a Tekin 10.5 Redline Sensored Motor to go with it", and a HW Quicrun WP 10BL60 ESC for going into the Rustler. And I won't be using anything more powerful than a 2S on these.

Thanks again for the info. Now I just need to figure out who has the best stand alone BEC's?
Excellent choice. I use quick run 60 in my b6.1 buggy, and sc5m sct. Very cost effective and light weight. Quick run 120 can handle a lot of power but it's too big and heavy for stock racing, but excellent for bashing but not waterproof ,keep that in mind.

I am not sure why do you need external bec, but if you run high voltage servo and only 2s batteries ,than you can wire receiver directly to the battery and disconnect red wire on esc bec. Direct power 2s

Hi

I went ahead and ordered the HW Quicrun 10BL120 Sensored ESC, "I have a Tekin 10.5 Redline Sensored Motor to go with it", and a HW Quicrun WP 10BL60 ESC for going into the Rustler. And I won't be using anything more powerful than a 2S on these.

Thanks again for the info. Now I just need to figure out who has the best stand alone BEC's?
Castle Creations makes programmable BECs. Castle's 10A BEC is less than $25 and is more than enough for most applications. Its what I use 99% of the time. You need a Castle Link to program it though.

Last edited:
Castle Creations makes programmable BECs. Castle's 10A BEC is less than $25 and is more than enough for most applications. Its what I use 99% of the time. You need a Castle Link to program it though.
Castle bec is the best on the market and if someone runs 3s 4s or higher, it's a good choice. But if he runs 2s only, nothing is better than direct power from the battery. 0 cost, no wire nest, unlimited power and better efficiency

Castle bec is the best on the market and if someone runs 3s 4s or higher, it's a good choice. But if he runs 2s only, nothing is better than direct power from the battery. 0 cost, no wire nest, unlimited power and better efficiency
If your electronics can handle 8.4V sure. I was just answering his question though.

Back