I got the job!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StoopidOme

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Boating
I was a union painter for 30 years up until my heart attack and quad-drupel bypass. I can no longer paint. well, I can. Just not at the pace a union company demands. Now that I'm 98% recovered from my bypass and still have underlying heart issues, it was time to look for a new career. I don't really need the money. I'm more looking to get out of the house and get on my feet more. Well, I just got the phone call saying I was hired. I am now an employee of my local hobby shop! I keep telling myself; It's not about the money, It's about the employee discount! :cool:...
Because of my heart issues and being unsure how I can handle being on my feet all day, I will start out primarily as a cashier who can sit in a stool when needed, but they'll have me casually float in the RC department at times. I have been a customer of this hobby shop since the early 80's. They are a very busy hobby shop. I think it's awesome that they understand my health situation and are willing to work with me.

I was a union painter for 30 years up until my heart attack and quad-drupel bypass. I can no longer paint. well, I can. Just not at the pace a union company demands. Now that I'm 98% recovered from my bypass and still have underlying heart issues, it was time to look for a new career. I don't really need the money. I'm more looking to get out of the house and get on my feet more. Well, I just got the phone call saying I was hired. I am now an employee of my local hobby shop! I keep telling myself; It's not about the money, It's about the employee discount! :cool:...
Because of my heart issues and being unsure how I can handle being on my feet all day, I will start out primarily as a cashier who can sit in a stool when needed, but they'll have me casually float in the RC department at times. I have been a customer of this hobby shop since the early 80's. They are a very busy hobby shop. I think it's awesome that they understand my health situation and are willing to work with me.

Congrats..👍😎

Congrats. What car are gonna buy first? 😂🤣

I hear ya on the parts list. My ebay cart is at the 99 item limit and I'm leaving windows opened on my phone now. 😂😐
I have tabs saved in groups in my PC browser. It's a pretty convenient way to keep parts lists saved for each project 🤓

Awesome news bro. Congrats. At this point in my life, that would be my dream job. Keep us updated on how it goes.

Congrats! Like others have said, a dream job. Hope it goes well for you 👍🏻

Dude I hope it's not about the money, because you just took a job that's going to cost you money! 🤣

Congrats and take it easy until you get back into the swing of things. 👍
You ain't lying. I'll be signing checks right back over every week to keep up on running tab. Hiring me is the best business decision this company will have ever made 🤣

Congrats, killer job you have. Pour choice of words?;)
I wish my disabilities would allow me to go back to work again. :(
Same here. If I could be allowed a recliner, I could work in comfort 😉

My wife just retired from her high pressure job and now works in a bicycle shop. We do need the money but she is so happy. She wishes she did it a couple years earlier. Congratulations.
I had opportunities to advance my career, and make more money, but it involved me going back to the Aerospace industry. When I left the racing industry, it was the biggest mistake I ever made. And after that, the mistakes just kept coming. I became miserable and started hating going to work. It also led to my career ending disability.

So I tell my kiddo all the time to not plan on finding a good paying job. Plan on doing something he loves, and excell at it. Make the owner take notice. And that comes naturally if you love what you are doing.

Last edited:
Congratulations, I'm sure wth your years of knowledge and experience you I'll be an incredible asset to them.

congratulations sir, you are doing my dream as well!

Make yourself not go look at the stuff on walls or shelves or youll forever be in debt lol.

Glad to hear you're doing well and found a new job! They are lucky to have someone that wants to work versus has to work.

My father had a quadruple bypass. It was a rough road but he got back to 100% and you can too. Best of luck and avoid the salt!

Back