I got the job!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should send you an Air War t-shirt, so when you're manning the stool and guys ask you what RCcar you drive, you can point to the T and say, I don't crawl around in the mud, I spin through the sky tearing portals to other dimensions. Oh, and btw, that transmitter you just bought from us, yeah, it's gonna svck like it is out of the box, but I can fix that for ya...

And then you surrepticiously slide them a microSD card and say... "Here, try this, it's got a little more Oomph! to it.." Cue lightning.
That's how I'd play it, just like Don Knots as TV repairman in Pleasantville.
choppergirl

Last edited:
Same here. If I could be allowed a recliner, I could work in comfort 😉

I had opportunities to advance my career, and make more money, but it involved me going back to the Aerospace industry. When I left the racing industry, it was the biggest mistake I ever made. And after that, the mistakes just kept coming. I became miserable and started hating going to work. It also led to my career ending disability.

So I tell my kiddo all the time to not plan on finding a good paying job. Plan on doing something he loves, and excell at it. Make the owner take notice. And that comes naturally if you love what you are doing.
I couldn't agree more! For the most part I like what I do and more importantly the people I work with. I've worked with some really stand good quality people and worked with (and for) some worthless douche bags too. As I get older the money is nice, but my tolerance for douche baggery has declined.

Funny you should mention racing, it's tough business. When I was in college I worked in grocery store. The manager asked my why I didn't race as a career. The answer is, I don't make enough money to do that. It's an expensive habit even for club racing. I'm glad you are good at it an can make a living.

I should send you an Air War t-shirt, so when you're manning the stool and guys ask you what RCcar you drive, you can point to the T and say, I don't crawl around in the mud, I spin through the sky tearing portals to other dimensions. Oh, and btw, that transmitter you just bought from us, yeah, it's gonna svck like it is out of the box, but I can fix that for ya...

And then you surrepticiously slide them a microSD card and say... "Here, try this, it's got a little more Oomph! to it.." Cue lightning.
That's how I'd play it, just like Don Knots as TV repairman in Pleasantville.
choppergirl
Did I just read a commercial? 🤣

Back