HPI Blitz un-boxing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Received the HPI Blitz from the LHS today during lunch and now have got home and the chance to unbox the Blitz...

hpi-blitz%20001.jpg

hpi-blitz%20002.jpg

hpi-blitz%20003.jpg

hpi-blitz%20004.jpg

hpi-blitz%20005.jpg

hpi-blitz%20006.jpg

hpi-blitz%20007.jpg

hpi-blitz%20008.jpg

hpi-blitz%20009.jpg

In the next three photo's you can see an issue I'll need to fix before running the HPI Blitz, looks like the diff is leaking as both the top and bottom of the chassis as well as the transmission casing has a good amount of fluid on it.

hpi-blitz%20010.jpg

hpi-blitz%20011.jpg

hpi-blitz%20012.jpg

I'm hoping to get started on fixing up the diff tonight so I can run the Blitz tomorrow! :D

Not the best sign if it might already be leakin. . . .hope it works out for you. Enjoy!

i love the wheels, want them for my slash ( or i just want a blitz )

too bad the diff is leaking already.

The diff thing seems like a first run issue. Stoopid RTRs.
Anyway, I've read a lot of posts that show once people re-fill and seal the diff back up there are no issues with it leaking again. It's a good thing the diff is easily accessed with about 6 screws. The entire rear end swings out of the way.

Mine comes in tomorrow! :D

Must post up pics of the dis assemblage! Let us know if that thing gets potty trained!

Looks like a great truck pretty close to the sc10.Love to see some vid of it ripping it up.

This is what the chassis looked liked with the transmission removed, covered in diff fluid.

hpi-blitz13.jpg

And what the diff looked like opened, the gears was wet but other than that all the fluid that once was, was no more.

hpi-blitz14.jpg

Fixing the diff was incredibly easy. HPI has made accessing the transmission super easy, in fact only 10 screws in total needs to be removed.

First remove the two screws on the rear shock tower as shown:

hpi-blitz15.jpg

Next remove the 6 screws shown here:

hpi-blitz16.jpg

From that point the entire back bumper assembly will swing backwards, removing 2 screws from the bottom of the chassis will free the tranny from the truck:

hpi-blitz17.jpg

That's it, just a few screws and you have the complete HPI Bltiz transmission in your hand. HPI had made working on the Blitz very easy.

Once I got the Blitz transmission removed I cleaned up the diff case and then refilled it with 4,000 weight diff fluid. Since the all metal Blitz tranny gears either came without grease or was washed away from the leak I also used a small amount of Team Fast Eddy Transmission Grease (used in 5th scale) on the Blitz tranny gears and I mean just a little bit, this grease is thick!

Bolt the transmission back together and repeat the above in reverse order and the HPI Blitz is back together and ready to go.

I agree, the Blitz is a dream to work on. After I got mine in today I refilled the diff, changed the rear toe block, swapped out the servo, and installed the inline steering knuckles with ease. This may take the place of my all-time favorite R/C, the Savage SS. I loooove working on the Blitz!!!

I'll be doing a shakedown run today to check out my setup before I hit the track tomorrow.
I'll start my own thread on that.

And to be sorta back OT, I originally wanted the black body but got an orange one and I'm glad I did.

I may as well answer here.
I think it drives awesome!!!!
Jumps smooth, easy to get around the track, easy to drive.

I ran mine for the first time at a local track. Some technical parts with two decent straights. Surface was a nicely watered down clay surface but the top was kinda loose. Everyone's tires were caked in mud by the end of a race.

So for my FIRST TIME EVER running my Blitz on ANY track, I got first place in my two heats by a half lap and a full lap, and then 4th in the A main against the track regulars. I was VERY pleased with the Blitz after those results.

The Blitz could be a bit faster. I ran my two qualifiers with the stock 20t pinion and changed to a 22t for the main. I think I need a bit more speed but the good thing is that the Blitz seems to WANT more speed. I'm going to see how much I can push the stock motor on gearing.

IMHO the Blitz is a Slash killer, and will give the SC10 one heck of a race. I'm the first one to show up at a local track with one and I got compliments on how nice the Blitz looked running on the track. :thumbup1: to HPI

Finally got my from LHS store yesterday. Still sitting in the box. :-(

Havent decided if I'm gonna leave it stock for now, or start the mods right out of the gate.

After reading about this diff issue my day just got a lot longer. I want to go check mine and see if its suffered the same fate.

want to see one IRL.
Sounds like fun!

Finally got my from LHS store yesterday. Still sitting in the box. :-(

Havent decided if I'm gonna leave it stock for now, or start the mods right out of the gate.

After reading about this diff issue my day just got a lot longer. I want to go check mine and see if its suffered the same fate.

Thats awsome that you got one. For sure check the dif out.
I think you should try stock first then do mods later.
does your local track run stock sct class?

I'd have to say it seems like a pretty solid truck thus far. My only complaint would be the steering servo, if it's anything but wide corners the Blitz just doesn't want to do it. I think that's going to be my first update.

Back