How's the weather been?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uncle came over. Moved things around the shed. And he started up. And stole it
Last time it started was back in 2016. Surprised it started. Smelt like old gas. Love that smell.
FB_IMG_1705699891677.jpg

Uncle came over. Moved things around the shed. And he started up. And stole it
Last time it started was back in 2016. Surprised it started. Smelt like old gas. Love that smell. View attachment 179402
Easy to get working. In the yard is a tad but more difficult.

I slipped on ice a few years ago and my arse was sore for a couple of weeks after. Decided to get a pair of microspikes and it was well worth it. Zero slipping on ice with these, only downside is they WILL SLIP on a tile floor, so pretty much they are for putting on last thing before you walk outside.

https://www.amazon.com/Kahtoola-MICROspikes-Footwear-Traction-Small/dp/B00RXXHP28/ref=sr_1_4_sspa?crid=JP6INBQOCGYH&keywords=nanospikes&qid=1705696955&sprefix=nanospikes,aps,177&sr=8-4-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&th=1&psc=1

I figured a pair of these are a lot cheaper and more convenient than an ER visit. 🤣
I have a set in the bedroom, I'll have to look for them.

I slipped on ice a few years ago and my arse was sore for a couple of weeks after. Decided to get a pair of microspikes and it was well worth it. Zero slipping on ice with these, only downside is they WILL SLIP on a tile floor, so pretty much they are for putting on last thing before you walk outside.

https://www.amazon.com/Kahtoola-MICROspikes-Footwear-Traction-Small/dp/B00RXXHP28/ref=sr_1_4_sspa?crid=JP6INBQOCGYH&keywords=nanospikes&qid=1705696955&sprefix=nanospikes,aps,177&sr=8-4-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&th=1&psc=1

I figured a pair of these are a lot cheaper and more convenient than an ER visit. 🤣
$75!!! Way over priced! I've picked up a similar set a couple of years ago for around $20 from a local store. They are great on packed snow over ice, but on smooth ice or a combination of partial ice and pavement/cement things, I find them very uncomfortable. Lots of pressure points on the soles of my feet. These also takes a bit of time and effort to install onto your footwear, so I have these permanently on a certain pair of snow boots.
Another set I've had for about 15 years, are these with micro spikes. They are designed for city use, so much less aggressive than the ones just mentioned. However, they are significantly more comfortable to walk on over hard surfaces. You could walk with confidence over a frozen lake with these, and they come on and off shoes fairly easily. I prefer these, those few times, when my driveway is a smooth sheet of ice. These are under $20, and very durable.
Screenshot_20240119_172438.jpg

Due North Everyday G3 Ice Cleat for Walking and Running on Snow and Ice (1 Pair) https://a.co/d/5LVJK6y

Yeah I spent a bit more on mine because I wanted them to also be suitable for hiking in the mountains. For getting around on icy streets and sidewalks a cheaper set would work.

Looks like we're finally going to get out of the deep freeze starting tomorrow.

.......and into spring by next weekend. Speaking of spring, any noticed the daylight is running later? There's now still daylight at 5pm 😃
1705847373176.png

Looks like we're finally going to get out of the deep freeze starting tomorrow.

.......and into spring by next weekend. Speaking of spring, any noticed the daylight is running later? There's now still daylight at 5pm 😃
View attachment 179638
Don't remind me, unlike the rest of you, winter here is waaaaay to short. Our winter weather is like everybody elses spring. This might sound good to those buried in snow but the rest of the year sucks.

Tomorrow 58 and rain, next week in the 70's. I want it to stay in the 60's.

Don't remind me, unlike the rest of you, winter here is waaaaay to short. Our winter weather is like everybody elses spring. This might sound good to those buried in snow but the rest of the year sucks.

Tomorrow 58 and rain, next week in the 70's. I want it to stay in the 60's.
No envy here. I would much, much, much rather take 0°F over 100°F! Heat and humidity just zaps my energy and I have no desire to do anything except hang out with the AC.

20s and 30s here
Snow aint melting till temps get higher. Most likely not till later this week
Supposed to rain most of next week. Well should I say this week.

Warmer weather coming, but it appears I need to build an arc. Boat party!
Screenshot_20240121-142635_Weather.jpg

Well it has been cold the past few weeks but now either it is starting to warm up or we are just getting some 'heat' It is 75-77 out here between yesterday and today. It is ok, but I am not a fan of it just yet. Its only January lol.

Well it has been cold the past few weeks but now either it is starting to warm up or we are just getting some 'heat' It is 75-77 out here between yesterday and today. It is ok, but I am not a fan of it just yet. Its only January lol.
Wow. Where do you live? I'm in Indiana. We might be lucky to hit 50's this week.

High 40s and rain here in Idaho.

51f here in Idaho today. Almost time to dig out my bike. Only one problem though.
I figured out the storage issue with my Lipo's but now I can't get to my bike. :D :D :D

2 bikes.jpg

Pfffttt you would think that. :p

Back