How to route fuel lines?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBradshaw00

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have some new fuel line coming and a filter, how should I route it? is there a best way?

As long as you do not have lines that are too short, too long, or routed near the gears, you should be good to go.

Make certain that the tubing is kept clear of the cooling head to prevent overheating and possibly melting the tubing. You can buy the tube shields that TRAXXAS makes. These work great and allow the line to run near to and inluding full contact with the cooling head (even when the engine is running).

I have the shields now, I was going to re use them. I'm having to re route cause I'm stretching the line that goes to the pipe with the new tuned pipe. Plus the line is getting old anyway and I'm getting a filter also, where should i put the filter?

If you are having to strectch your lines perhaps they are not long enough. The fuel feed and the back pressure lines should be between 9-10.5 inches for each line. This length includes any added length the addition of the fuel filter makes.

Note, you could go up to about 11 inches or a little longer. This buys you added time before the engine stalls when the RC lands on its lid, but it might pose fuel flow problems during normal operations.

As for your chosen routing...I'd suggest routing it behind the cooling head, but that is just me.

thats what I'm going to do, I have 5ft. of fuel line on the way/

I found that the monster GT fuel primer is a nice thing when you have pull starts, and when you flip over, it has lots of fuel to keep the engine running. I am also running dual filters, so i should be set. Let us know how your install goes!

Thanks, Ill post pics when I get it installed.

Back