How to make pull tabs on your body clips/pins

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J’sCrawler

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
I have been doing this trick for awhile now. Fuel line covered zip ties around the body clip for a “pull tab”.
- wrap a ziptie around the clip.
- either clip down the tail to your preference or leave it long for the next step .
- cut a length of tube and slide it onto the tail of the ziptie.
- take a new ziptie and run it down to the end of the fuel line and snip its tail completely off. (Didn’t get a photo of this step)

IMG_5099.jpeg

IMG_5100.jpeg
IMG_5101.jpeg

You now have a nice set of body clips to hopefully not lose somewhere. You could also do a bright colored fuel line that is a solid material and not transparent.
IMG_5102.jpeg

I have been doing this trick for awhile now. Fuel line covered zip ties around the body clip for a “pull tab”.
- wrap a ziptie around the clip.
- either clip down the tail to your preference or leave it long for the next step .
- cut a length of tube and slide it onto the tail of the ziptie.
- take a new ziptie and run it down to the end of the fuel line and snip its tail completely off. (Didn’t get a photo of this step)

View attachment 186056
View attachment 186057View attachment 186058
You now have a nice set of body clips to hopefully not lose somewhere. You could also do a bright colored fuel line that is a solid material and not transparent.
View attachment 186059
Great idea. I’ve done that a lot over the years

I never do anything and just lose clips like a dimwit 😅. I don’t run the slash a lot. I actually don’t run any cars I always have them tore apart 😞🙄

I never do anything and just lose clips like a dimwit 😅. I don’t run the slash a lot. I actually don’t run any cars I always have them tore apart 😞🙄
You need to switch off on whos assembled and ready to go and who’s being repaired. So you at least have something

I have done exactly this, and then I also wirled a thin coil around the clips and glued the coils to the body. It looks maybe not the best but it's always been working👍

Works well both on the FG and 1/16th absima
20240325_073657-jpg.186111
20240325_073647.jpg
it eliminates the need to buy new ones and to take them with you. It's also comfortable. I have it this way for atleast 1 year now

Last edited:
I broke the ones on my Granite fairly quickly.
Breydon always makes me think he's going to rip them off. I try to grab the clip and use the strap as a grip. Breydon just grabs the rubber tab and pulls. The pins come out and snap his fingers lol.

Back