How addicted to rc are you?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatcraig

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
I find myself all the the time antsy to get home before.dark to play with my truck, I even speed sometimes. So how are you addicted?

Off and on actually. I haven't touched mine this summer, hopefully I'll get the bug again one of these days.
I'm wanting to build another 1/10 crawler so I probably start buying parts right after Christmas.

I'm about to move and I refuse to pack all my big cars. They will ride in the back of my truck, under a tonneau cover, with me on the way to my new house. Pack them? Are you crazy? I need to play!!

I'm honestly starting to get that way! I was totally addicted back in the 80's. Had a Tamiya Blackfoot, a few RC10's, an RC12 and an RC500 that i sold a 1/8 Serpent road car for plus a sailboat and a Clodbuster I trader a Nitro Brute for. All of that was sold. Now I have a first gen T-Maxx, a first gen E-Maxx, a RocHobby Jeep, a Gatekeeper, a Deadbolt, a sailboat and the Proboat Impulse 31.

I think about it all the time, I play with my "Indoor" crawlers once or twice a week. My outdoor rigs haven't had much love lately, but I'm hoping to play this weekend. Considering how much time I spend on the forums, I'd say addicted is a fair descrition. :)

I am a club racer, we have an RV and when we plan our vacation to travel in the RV, I will plan the route to include club racing at 1-2 tracks during our journey. I travel all over the state to race the RC Pro Series races which are 3 day events, plus I will race 1-2 out of state big race events each year as well. My RC budget to include race fees, travel expenses and maintenance is well over $500/mo on average to compete against other middle aged men like me for awards that probably cost under $5 to produce.

When there is a new track layout, I will study the image for hours before my first practice session when I go to bed, I will count laps around the track as I fall asleep instead of counting sheep.

I have many hobbies, and they tend to come and go. I'll initially get obsessed, and within a couple of years I would get burnt out. The good thing is, I tend to at some point get back into it passionately again. So, this is one of the main reasons I don't ever throw out or sell any of my "toys".
Even though I'm still on this forum all the time, I actually haven't had much interest in rc for the past year or more. I've made a number of cool cyber friends here, and I come to just hang out and have some good laughs.

Last edited:
Latley, I have bought a car, just to continuously look at the next car or kit to buy. I built my first rock crawler, before it was finished I was looking at the sendero hd. Then I bought it. I started seeing the release of the new Tekno sct and wanted it, but instead bought the .3. I still want an et410.2…I still want the sct410 2.0….. I’m waiting for my cr18p trail hunter to be delivered by santa.
I have a real car I should be working on… definitely not addicted

I am so addicted, that I bought snow treads for winter. For my Sledge. :rolleyes:

I feel like I wrench all the time. Now since its winter, I only do RC if I go to a track cause I'm getting more into the offroad racing side of things. Haven't really bashed latly, I will if I had a bigger / more durable car. Now since my local carpet track is packing up and done, (hoping that he can find a new spot) I will have an extra 30 minute drive to a track, and more tolls.
I do think RC 24/7 tho. I feel like I'm on here all the time so there's that.

I have many hobbies, and they tend to come and go. I'll initially get obsessed, and within a couple of years I would get burnt out. The good thing is, I tend to at some point get back into it passionately again. So, this is one of the main reasons I don't ever throw out or sell any of my "toys".
Even though I'm still on this forum all the time, I actually haven't had much interest in rc for the past year or more. I've made a number of cool cyber friends here, and I come to just hang out and have some good laughs.
👆 THIS! I was obsessed for the first 5 years or so when I first got in to the hobby which in and of itself is longer than I've ever been obsessed with any other hobby, except computers. After that initial run though I get bored with it a lot and will put it down to do other things. Eventually something will respark that interest and then Ill be all in to it again for awhile. Rinse and repeat. Other than computers, RC is probably my longest running hobby though.