How addicted to rc are you?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have many hobbies, and they tend to come and go. I'll initially get obsessed, and within a couple of years I would get burnt out. The good thing is, I tend to at some point get back into it passionately again. So, this is one of the main reasons I don't ever throw out or sell any of my "toys".
Even though I'm still on this forum all the time, I actually haven't had much interest in rc for the past year or more. I've made a number of cool cyber friends here, and I come to just hang out and have some good laughs.
Well put, I'm in the same boat. All my hobbies come and go as well but never get rid of them.
This corner, boxes of trains, that corner boxes of rc parts, that corner guitar parts, it's a vicious cycle.
I am thrilled to death however that I have found the love for my guitars again.

Well put, I'm in the same boat. All my hobbies come and go as well but never get rid of them.
This corner, boxes of trains, that corner boxes of rc parts, that corner guitar parts, it's a vicious cycle.
I am thrilled to death however that I have found the love for my guitars again.
Same here. I bounce around a lot. Mostly just RC and 3d printing. But RC is the only hobby I have been fond of since I was a kid. My love for RC came when I watched my dad and older brother build a huge balsa wood RC plane in 1980 along with browsing the Tower Hobbies catalogs that started showing up. I can't tell you how many RC's I built on notebook paper with plans on how I was going to save up the hundreds of dollars needed to build them 😄

I just love building them from a kit. I've always been fascinated with mechanical things. I think that is because my dad was always working on something. I would have done well in a Chinese sweat shop that assembled RC cars lol.

I have many hobbies, and they tend to come and go. I'll initially get obsessed, and within a couple of years I would get burnt out. The good thing is, I tend to at some point get back into it passionately again. So, this is one of the main reasons I don't ever throw out or sell any of my "toys".
Even though I'm still on this forum all the time, I actually haven't had much interest in rc for the past year or more. I've made a number of cool cyber friends here, and I come to just hang out and have some good laughs.
This is why I have a cupboard full of plastic model kits, a closet full of Lego, and bins full of 1/6 action figures. :thumbs-up:

This is why I have a cupboard full of plastic model kits, a closet full of Lego, and bins full of 1/6 action figures. :thumbs-up:
..and
pretending eric cartman GIF by South Park

Why on earth are your Legos in the closet? Until I recently packed them all to move, my lego collection filled the basement. trains, lego city, every star wars everything (except the deathstar). I have one child about to start college and I still bought a 4 bedroom house so I can dedicate one room to Legos. I'm pretty sure I have our local lego land beat.

I can't do the legos thing. Want to buy a ww1 bi plane? NIB. 😎

Don't know. Was a Christmas present,10 years ago. Not my cup of tea. :cool:

Last edited:
👆 THIS! I was obsessed for the first 5 years or so when I first got in to the hobby which in and of itself is longer than I've ever been obsessed with any other hobby, except computers. After that initial run though I get bored with it a lot and will put it down to do other things. Eventually something will respark that interest and then Ill be all in to it again for awhile. Rinse and repeat. Other than computers, RC is probably my longest running hobby though.
rc is my longest running hobby for sure at half my life of 7 years

Why on earth are your Legos in the closet? Until I recently packed them all to move, my lego collection filled the basement. trains, lego city, every star wars everything (except the deathstar). I have one child about to start college and I still bought a 4 bedroom house so I can dedicate one room to Legos. I'm pretty sure I have our local lego land beat.
Oh we still have a ton of Lego on display throughout the house, the spare bedroom closet it still stuffed floor to ceiling. We have been collecting Lego for 31 years now.

Lego Rotate GIF by sheepfilms

I can't do the legos thing. Want to buy a ww1 bi plane? NIB. 😎
Is it this one?
s-l300.jpg

Last edited:
Latley, I have bought a car, just to continuously look at the next car or kit to buy. I built my first rock crawler, before it was finished I was looking at the sendero hd. Then I bought it. I started seeing the release of the new Tekno sct and wanted it, but instead bought the .3. I still want an et410.2…I still want the sct410 2.0….. I’m waiting for my cr18p trail hunter to be delivered by santa.
I have a real car I should be working on… definitely not addicted
Ok I just got my new tekno all RTR and now I’m looking at a nitro car. 🤷🏼

I am not addicted at all. I can quit anytime I want. Why just today I got all my crawlers out and got them working just to show I don’t need to race all the time.
Just Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
Thursday is indoor crawling at the hobby shop and Saturday is outdoor and the spillway. But not every day like someone that’s addicted.

IMG_4667.jpeg

I am not addicted at all. I can quit anytime I want. Why just today I got all my crawlers out and got them working just to show I don’t need to race all the time.
Just Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
Thursday is indoor crawling at the hobby shop and Saturday is outdoor and the spillway. But not every day like someone that’s addicted.

View attachment 175612
Iowa Crawler, we're all here because we're worried about you. Everyone has written down what they want to say to you, and we just want you to listen for a few minutes. Your addiction is worse than you think, and we're hoping that after this intervention you will see how you make everyone around you envious and full of jealous rage.