Help me find shocks for a build thread of a eBay truck.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LosiFan143

RCTalk Basher
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So I’m doing my first build thread of an old Associated truck and I want to replace all the shocks so it can handle some jumps and bashing. I‘ve heard of and seen pro-line power stroke shocks and was wondering which ones would be able to fit a standard sc or stadium truck. I’m also open to other shock options that could be cheaper.

Most shocks come in a variety of lengths so get something that matches the originals. FWIW I like Traxxas GTR shocks for the Slash, they are cheaper than the Prolines (including the springs which are sold separately). Or you could go with any higher-end shock from a respectable brand (Tekno, Losi etc). But that will cost more. And you may have to get creative with mounting them.

Stock AE shocks were never something I complained about. Are yours no good, or missing?

If you need to replace them, and can't find originals, I would go with shocks off of one of the newer AE kits, just to stay with the brand. That's a pretty cool kit you are rebuilding, so I personally wouldn't do much kit bashing or aftermarket stuff on it.

Last edited:
Back