HELP! Dynamite Passport Ultra P2 Charger.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

True Newb

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Flying
I have the Passport Ultra P2 charger. I just got my batteries in the mail and want to charge one before I take off for racing tonight. The battery is a 5200mah so I set the charger for 5.2a rate. It is a 7.4v battery. It is a 2 Cell so I set it for 2S and it showed 7.4v. I hooked it up to the balance board and the leads and I selected balance charge. Well, it says the stop voltage is 8.4v. Is that too high or am I looking at something that is more of a "just incase" thing? I don't want to blow up the battery already!! I haven't even had a chance to demolish the car!! Please tell me that what I'm seeing is normal. I stopped the charge when it was showing like 7.9v on the charger.

I have the Passport Ultra P2 charger. I just got my batteries in the mail and want to charge one before I take off for racing tonight. The battery is a 5200mah so I set the charger for 5.2a rate. It is a 7.4v battery. It is a 2 Cell so I set it for 2S and it showed 7.4v. I hooked it up to the balance board and the leads and I selected balance charge. Well, it says the stop voltage is 8.4v. Is that too high or am I looking at something that is more of a "just incase" thing? I don't want to blow up the battery already!! I haven't even had a chance to demolish the car!! Please tell me that what I'm seeing is normal. I stopped the charge when it was showing like 7.9v on the charger.
a fully charged lipo cell will be 4.2V so in the case of a 2S lipo a fully charged 2S will be 8.4V. 7.4V is the nominal voltage for a 2S lipo. so yes thats perfectly normal and you want to make sure your low voltage cut off in your ESC is set to at least 3.2V per cell.

a fully charged lipo cell will be 4.2V so in the case of a 2S lipo a fully charged 2S will be 8.4V. 7.4V is the nominal voltage for a 2S lipo. so yes thats perfectly normal and you want to make sure your low voltage cut off in your ESC is set to at least 3.2V per cell.
Thank you!! If you were here I'd kiss you BUT stoner might get PO'ed and well .. I'm not here to start anything. LOL Thanks again Greywolf!! I have 45 minutes to finish shaving the right front of the body, load the Jeep and head to my first race. :) Woo Hoo!! This forum is AWESOME!!

Thank you!! If you were here I'd kiss you BUT stoner might get PO'ed and well .. I'm not here to start anything. LOL Thanks again Greywolf!! I have 45 minutes to finish shaving the right front of the body, load the Jeep and head to my first race. :) Woo Hoo!! This forum is AWESOME!!
Good luck! But mostly - HAVE A BLAST! Oh, and take lots and lots of pics and vids.

Thank you!! If you were here I'd kiss you BUT stoner might get PO'ed and well .. I'm not here to start anything. LOL
🤣 🤣 🤣
Thanks again Greywolf!! I have 45 minutes to finish shaving the right front of the body, load the Jeep and head to my first race. :) Woo Hoo!! This forum is AWESOME!!
you're welcome and good luck!

LMAO🤣🤣🤣
No worries bud I was taught to share. Kiss on LOL. Hope the races go well and you place if not hope you have a great time. Enjoy your first race ma. Good luck 👍

Be careful, have fun, & don't crash. Theses are the words by wife says every weekend when I go flying. Thought they might apply here as well. ;)
Omg I get.
Me: Ok I will be back going to the trails/park.

wifey: HAVE FUN!! Hey Do you think by chance you can bring them back in one pc this time.

Me: All I can do is try. But it doesn't seem very likely that will happen. Build it , bash it , break it , fix it , repeat .

My wife doesn't give a crap if I bring em back in one piece, 10 pieces, or not at all. Thats how far RC is off her radar. Well.....except when she see how much I spent on em and then its definitely on her radar 🤣 🤣 🤣

My wife doesn't give a crap if I bring em back in one piece, 10 pieces, or not at all. Thats how far RC is off her radar. Well.....except when she see how much I spent on em and then its definitely on her radar 🤣 🤣 🤣
Buy her cheap jewelry at the same time. Swap the pricing when you tell her. Yeah honey, that ring cost more than my Kraton. Try not to laugh when you say it, otherwise, duck!

Buy her cheap jewelry at the same time. Swap the pricing when you tell her. Yeah honey, that ring cost more than my Kraton. Try not to laugh when you say it, otherwise, duck!
I think my wife is too well versed in jewelry for that to work lol. Shes got a retarded amount of jewelry, purses and shoes. Usually if I get to out of control I'll buy her something really nice like a pair of Yeezy's or Jordan's and she'll let it slide. Who said bribery doesn't work?! lol

Happy wife happy life with more RC cars and parts 🤫🤫 just don't tell her. She won't know the difference. After you have more then 3-4. They all look them same to her . Just keep them all the same size the 1/5 is pretty hard to hide 😆🤣😂

Happy wife happy life with more RC cars and parts 🤫🤫 just don't tell her. She won't know the difference. After you have more then 3-4. They all look them same to her . Just keep them all the same size the 1/5 is pretty hard to hide 😆🤣😂
No doubt brutha. This was the look when my Kraton 8S arrived. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
20210519_190401.jpg

That pic says so much. And none of it says you impressed her with your savvy shopping skills ROFL!
The you bought this look and why?

Back