Got these rims "PROLINE Cheyenne BeadLock" i think they are fake

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malkalm

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i got these rims off ebay, the beadlock rings are made of plastic and the paint comes off very ez. the inside hole doesn't look perfectly round. the screws are philips not hex. are they fake ?

Attachments

• rim.jpg
    rim.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 372
Last edited:
I was just checking them out on the ProLine website...
http://www.prolineracing.com/p-352-cheyenne-narrow-bead-loc-38-23mm-hd.aspx

They look to be a true beadlock mounting system. Is there a ring on the backside of the wheel also?
Just a word of warning.... Any plastic R/C part that is chrome or a colored chrome, will chip/peel off very quickly under normal use.. Be sure to let us know how you make out getting the tires all mounted up..

Straight from the link posted above.

"It replicates the true bead-loc system found on many off-road race machines providing secure, worry-free installation. The advantages of running a bead-loc wheel over a traditional mount wheel are the ease of changing tires without the purchase of additional wheels and less money spent of supplies to mount tires to traditional wheels such as glue and rubber bands "

I hate to say it, but after looking at the pics on the Proline site and comparing them to the pic you posted, the ones you bought look like clones. To me, they just don't look as refined and finished as the Prolines.

They just look cheap. Especially compared to the ones on the proline site. Everything proline i have ever seen looks identical to what it looked like on their website, just not seeing it here. Sorry bud, think u got a dud.

Yup looks like they lied to ya....I hope you didn't pay too much for them. That is what the feedback is for. Sucks man

paypal claim, get something out of it

here is a high quality picture that proline sent me.

Attachments

• 2683-01.jpg
    2683-01.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 337
Just look at the lettering in the gold ring. It's painted in the ones you got.
They ripped you off. File a claim with Pay Pal. Please. You'll protect the rest of us from that guy.

Yeah, you got some clones.

beadlocks1.jpg

You can tell that the text and text color is way different on the real ones vs. the clones. The orange is different too.Ask for a refund and give negative for selling clones.

They only sell two colors for the Commando Cheyennes, gray and orange.
269702.jpg

Last edited:
Those are definitely fakes, I have the real deal on my E Maxx and the bead lock rings are aluminum and use a 2mm cap head hex screw to hold the bead lock rings on. Get your money back for sure...
100_0422.jpg

Well, this seller's feedback record speaks for itself...

(taken from the seller's feedback list)
- poor communication, and the item does not fit properly
- BEWARE!!! SHOCKS LEAK. Took a month for refund.
- all the shocks leak and seller refused to respond to any email or calls
- don't trust. had to open paypal claim to get items. not proline, cheap knockoffs
- BUYERS BEWARE! OVER 1 MONTH STILL NO ITEM! CONTACTED 15 TIMES! STILL DIDNT SEND!
- horrible communication! poor service! does not return emails! worthless!!!
- Defective-returned for credit w/ no respse to emails or money back! Don't trust

And I could go on I was about half way into his feedbacks...there's even another person who's been had like you with same "not Pro-Line" products!

I personally would never buy from a person with that much negative feedback, and if I were you I would definitely claim my money back, and post a negative. If you have trouble getting your money back from the seller PayPal are great when it comes to things like this, just call them and you will get back your money in no time.

Good luck bro, idiots like this seller really suck and are a plague to any hobby :\

Before I order from a seller I haven't dealt with before, I look at how many sales he's done, and what the positive % is. 98 or less I find questionable, and then I'll check the feedback. I've never had a problem.
File your claim as soon as possible, and trash his rating a little more. He needs to be removed from Ebay.

that guy scammed you so badly,this is the same as selling a ''mobile phones'' (or their Pictures) for very cheap...... bargain just £100 for brand new Sony...........
so many people got scammed but when I looked at that guy account it does seem that bad,ebay won't do anything with him as he is a power seller and he's rating os 98.5 positive, in 12 months he has sold about 1800 items on Ebay and only 26 people have left a negative feedback for him so maybe the seller got scammed as well?in fact all the sellers are selling everything cheaper but they must buy them before they sell them and they have to make profit so maybe just the seller got scammed as well and he doesn't know that they were fake? u got to think about it that way as well.
he's average rating is nearly 5 stars, this is very interesting.
hope that everything works out.

Last edited:
i reported him to ebay and they have not gotten back to me. i was thinking of masking my ip address and setting up an ebay account and buy all his buy now stuff and then leave bad feed back for every thing he sales

Back