Got my first Losi Mini T today...sorta hopped up..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

30%NitroBoy

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey ya'll,

I remember the Week the Losi Mini T came out like it was yesterday. My LHS was selling them like crazy and pimping them out like they where the greatest thing since the Outdoor Propane Grill! *Oh yeah, I bought one and didn't like it stock and got rid of it. Damn time flies*.

So, years later I'm finally getting one again. Ebay purchase, great buy, It's used in awesome shape. Bearings, Sportwekrs Am radio and Esc, Team Orion Baja Mod motor, Lipo power with Deans Ultra plugs & Losi Alluminum Shocks. Pink Springs in the Front and Silver ones in the rear. No spare parts and I have no clue what the gearing is.

So I got her running with the Inlcuded Spotwerks Am radio today. It came with a 1000mah Lipo Pack. I don't have a LIPO charger(maybe somone here has a great deal???). I ran the pack until the esc went into safe mode....

My Impression after all these years....

It's plenty fast(faster then I remember)...wont do wheelies(a good thing) I can't imagine one of these with a Brushless setup, you'd have to have a fukin Airfield to open her up. The stock A-arms aren't unimpressive but all of the stock Pivotballs and turnbuckles etc are. I was doing some research today and a 1/10th scale Turnbuckle upgrade sounds badass and practical. I wanna build it so I can bash it within reason.

:D:D:D

Last edited:
Glad your having fun with it. Mini's and Micros made by Losi are alot of fun. My HS order a micro sct and I am going to have a blast with it in house!:banana-mario:

No pictures, nothing was purchased....

But seriously, :nopics:

LOL:hehe: yeah that is the fun part about micros: you can drive it in the house when the weather is not good and you can make obstacles out of anything inside.

Their's no way I'm driving this thing indoors. My house isn't small but this thing isn't slow.

HPI-KIller - You said in another thread(something to the Effect) *that the problem with Losi is that RPM doens't make stuff for them*. Don't tell that to the new RPM Wide Bumper that I Installed on this Mini-T. It's the same Design as the Bumper they make for the RC10GT2 your selling. This is a Must Hop Up.

I also got a set of Losi Street Treads mouted on Chrome Dish wheels. They're just regular Green Dish wheels that where poorly painted by some Chinese kid with Chrome Paint. The Wheels are Lame but they'll work perfect.
The Tires are Bad Ass.

The Servo is strong but the Steering is Sloppy and needs tuning. It came with Upgraded upper Turnbuckles but the lower ones which are connected to the Steering are stock and suck. I need to find some beefy steel Turnbuckles.

Oh yeah, I bought a SuperMate DC6 Charger and a Ac adapter.

:D

Ahh man i miss the mini t days... i got mine with the upgraded motor and battery pack and that thing was FAST but eventually kept breaking things and just let it sit. now all theirs left is a chassis... wheels... motor and thats it lol

Ahh man i miss the mini t days... i got mine with the upgraded motor and battery pack and that thing was FAST but eventually kept breaking things and just let it sit. now all theirs left is a chassis... wheels... motor and thats it lol

What all where you breaking bro? I've heard People complain about breaking Servos allot. Probably Iditios driving WOT into a Curb. This RPM Bumper should be able to Deflect allot of nasty hits and absorb some serious Kinteic NRG that wont go straight into the Bulkhead...we'll c.
I can't think of anything this thing needs now other then all the steering upgrades. It turns out it already has a Ball Dif upgrade & a Double Disk Slipper. The Gearing is 60/13.

Cutting the Communicator and Installing new Brushes and Springs in the Baja motor soon would kick ass!:D I like Brushed Motors allot(I don't want Brushless anytime soon) but I never got around to learning how to Rebuild them.

EDIT - These gensacearespammers 25c Batteries Rock.

Last edited:
The RPM bumpers rock! never had any damage to steering parts after install even running the 10250kV motor on 2s LiPo.

i just bought my first mini t off ebay yesterday! it should be here next week ! came with a lipo and charger! i also picked up a losi high roller for my 7 year old. now dad and son can have some racing and jumping fun!!!!!

hey , does losi still sell the mini t . because i went on the website but didnt see it.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

does losi still sell the mini t? because i didnt see it on their website :eek:

Hey,

They'd have to be completely Insane not to sell it as they Invented that Scale CLass/category with it.

I wouldn't buy the Original Stock Mini T unless it was an incredible deal(that you may be able to find). They're to slow and the stock *shocks* are garbage.
Get one used that's Hoped up on feebay and/or a Forum like this or buy the bad ass Pro version that comes with Hopups that actually don't suck.

http://www.losi.com/Products/Features.aspx?ProdId=LOSB0210

I'm as picky as they come and even I'd buy the Pro Version. Most of those Hopups are necessary for serious power anyhow. :D

thanks ,what other mini trucks would you recommend , i am looking to buy a new one since i am new. around 150 or less :DD, also is it possible to buy the pro version online from a trustworthy site?

Last edited:
i bought a used min t off ebay for $65.00, news set of shocks $22.00, new 370 motor $13.00, 14 pt pinion gear $4.00 4 new tires/w rims 10.00, and a 2 cell lipo for 14.00. ..so right around $130. thing does wheelies all day long! it's fast enough to have fun with and still handle well. my son has a mini high roller, stock motor on a 2s lipo and that thing runs pretty good brand new $120 off ebay. mini t is more fun on flat surfaces(street), but the high roller is more fun off road, and handles jumps much better.

thanks,

thank you, is ebay reliable ?

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

is ebay reliable?

Not really. It's always a case of buyer beware. I would recommend either buying new from a reputable dealer such as AMain, Horizon or Tower.

thank you, is ebay reliable ?

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

is ebay reliable?

it is kind of a crap shoot, but so far i have bought all 3 of my electrics off ebay 2 used, one new and have been very pleased. as with anything used you run the risk of a dud, if you find a good seller, and they give you all the info you ask for, it's not a bad place to buy. for me i have no LHS with in 3 hours of where i live, so i tend to use ebay for just about everything. nice thing about electrics...if you buy used and something is crap you can replace it for low $$$$$.

Back