Got my cars back! Rebuilding the Mini B, again.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Got my cars back yesterday after school! Started rebuilding the mini B. Local track is doing Losi Mini B/T and other off road classes every other Saturday at noon. Hopefully I can go down tomorrow. But we will see.

My uncle dremeled out the stripped screws for the rear gear case / rear pivots. He says I need a new chassis. And I agree as the rear clip of the chassis is holding on by a thread, and the chassis is super thin. Good thing that the chassis came back in stock a couple weeks ago from Losi.

Started rebuilding the rear pivots, gear case, transmission. Also got the chassis side rails on. Next I put the spur, slipper, then motor/pinion in. Had trouble finding the motor screws but I found them.

That was all for last night. Today afterschool and tonight. And maybe tomorrow morning if I wake up early, I will do the front clip and the servo. I got a new Hot Racing Servo saver, looks like with the 3D printed mounts I have, and with that new servo saver, I should be able to get full left and full right out of the car.

Since I only had 3 RadioLink receivers, I took the receiver out of the slash since it is broken and will be for the next couple weeks.

PXL_20230609_015654470.jpg

PXL_20230609_015647851.jpg

PXL_20230609_010521020.jpg

PXL_20230608_220746021.jpg

PXL_20230609_010535977.jpg

PXL_20230609_010526661.jpg

PXL_20230608_220739415.jpg

When building the rear suspension. I noticed that the shock tower had a crack in it where the screw goes through, and the area where the screw goes through the transmission case, it is almost stripped out. So I just used the electric screw driver to get it in there.

Didn't take a pic of the underside of the chassis, I will when I get home.
I took the receiver out of the slash since it is broken and will be for the next couple weeks.
More on this. I need a MIP grub screw for the axle, and I need new slipper clutch pads. Thinking about the Hot Racing Anodized ones. I could just share parts with the rustler, but it is just too time consuming.

Last edited:
Got back to wrenching tonight. Got the front and chassis done. Savox servo works, new HR Servo saver does its job. I am also using stock servo mounts with this too. The 3D printed ones were too big or put the servo up too close. I do get full left and right which is good. My only complaint is that Savox servos are noisy. But no problem for me. I did set EPAs. I have my steering trim to the left more since I didn't align the horn correctly and I didn't want to fix it. Lol.

Now my only problem is trying to get the ESC programming to work. Its hard doing it with the SET button beeps and sounds. I wish they can make it all through a LCD program card. But its horizion hobby. ;\

I also seen that the ON/OFF switch (and SET button) wire that is going into the motor is getting undone or un soldered. Great another problem. :| So I need to finagle the wire to get it turned on or the SET button to work. Maybe Lamont can help me tomorrow if I go for racing. I am also trying to set throttle expo or something to slow the throttle speed down in my radio. So far not looking too good. Ill see if Lamont can do that too. (RadioLink RC4GSV3)

PXL_20230610_033107286.jpg

PXL_20230610_025526506.jpg

PXL_20230610_025512513.jpg

I am searching for new BL combos anyways. Not looking for a 2 in 1. I will just try to fit all of it inside the little chassis. Castle makes a combo, but way out of my price range. I seen HW make combos. Not sure how good they are. And there is always cheap amazon ones.

Looks great. I wish these things didn't fall apart so easily though. I can't seem to keep mine in one piece LOL.

Back