Got a New Airplane Today

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. I had a firebird commander 6-7 years ago and it broke and w couldnt ever get it to fly again. A few years ago I wanted one but never got one. About the only flying I do is with my msr and on the sim for a few minutes everytime I go to hobbytown. I think the msr helped, but I had also never flown a heli other than a havac before that. I was flying that around the house with ease on the 2nd day.

Well, that's good to know. Maybe I'll give it another shot then. Like I said, I really wanted the Mustang originally anyway, just the wind here is what kills me. Also, FWIW I bought the Phoenix sim and it's awesome.

Where do you see the big Cub for $169?

Sorry Rolex, took a few days to just disconnect ya know? Here you go sir.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=HBZ7380

Last edited:
It is bNF. I thought about pickin' one of those up, but the 3 channel would get boring.

I don't fly planes without ailerons or flaps and the foam construction won't allow a scale conversion.

I guess it was just what the Rx could handle:

ACT and X-Port function:

The receiver included in the Super Cub LP BNF is a 2.4GHz DSM2 receiver/ESC unit. It must be partnered with a full range DSM2 transmitter. It is equipped with throttle, elevator, rudder and aileron function.

For most of the DSM2 transmitters, channel 5 will activate ACT, while channel 6 will activate the X-Port function.

For the Spektrum DX5e transmitter, the trainer switch will activate the X-Port function.

Hmm. I was thinking about getting a newer bigger plane to go with my DX6I. Was thinking the bigger parkzone p-51D or something. Any advice on that? I'd like an ARF, but don't have money to spend like that.

Recorded yesterday. Windy.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is. Its a lot smoother with no wind though. Thanks.

Here be one with take off and landing. The wind picked up right before touchdown, made it a little rough but alright. Sorry about the quality, didn't have my camera, just my phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I try, I'm still new to this whole plane thing. Other than a firebird commander I made 2 flights with 6ish years ago this is my 1st one. I love it.

For being a novice, you are doing great. A small plane on a windy day. More power to ya. Even I wouldn't take off on a day like that.

Remember, takeoffs are optional...landings are mandatory. :D

For being a novice, you are doing great. A small plane on a windy day. More power to ya. Even I wouldn't take off on a day like that.

Remember, takeoffs are optional...landings are mandatory. :D

HA. Never thought of it that way. That plane is so durable I'm not too worried about it. Lets say it was a bigger more expensive plane that costs more for repairs my thoughts would have been different. I'd like to upgrade soon. Something bigger and electric again. Was thinking the newer t-28d BNF. Also what about that new parkzone extra 300 thats coming out? If you set your dual rates to a lower through it could be manageable? I deff plan on getting a simulator when I get my new computer. Messed around at the LHS with it.

I'd go with the T-28. It would be the next jump. Once you get really good with that, then I'd go with the Extra.

Thanks. And thanks to all that helped with my MSR.